Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

English Culture Poems

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    In class we did all of cluster one and some of cluster two. I find the cluster one poems much easier to write about and can express my understanding of them more that the ones from cluster two.

I will be doing the second question regarding poetry as obviously any poem they ask about will be from cluster two. But i was just wondering, can i compare the cluster two poem with one from cluster one? Or is it best to just stick to the one cluster which shares similar themes?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think (not sure) you have to pick one cluster or the other - you can't do both.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    google it
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    We have only learnt cluster 2 at my school :?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You can compare any poem from cluster one with any other poem from cluster two!
    Trust me, I had the same question
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You can also compare the like-cluster poems which each other, sorry if I didn't make that clear
    I would advise this, as there's a reason they are in the same cluster lol.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    my teacher told us that we can only compare cluster one with one and two with two, but that may have just been her as cluster one is easier to compare with other cluster one poems and all we did was cluster one.
    • 110 followers

ReputationRep:
    You can compare any poems from Cluster 1 and 2.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Our teacher said it was fine to compare poems from different clusters.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ashcombe.surrey.sch.uk/cu...Y11/paper2.htm < Good website
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    You can compare from either cluster with each other. At our school we dealt with both of the clusters like one and just went through all of them. It definately gives you more choices and scope for different answers.

Hopefully it will be a good question this year. In Novemeber we got Hurricane Hits England or What were they like as named poems. Bad Times.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    We studied all from cluster 1 and only one poem from cluster 2 bu our teacher said we can compare both cluster poems together.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 1, 2009
New on TSR

What is sixth form like?

Share your story!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.