The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Surelt it's Maasheen?

Persian has many dialects Hameed, but the most widely spoken one, and one used in most literature, history, law etc is Farsi.

Maybe they thought Dari and Tajik were too similar to Farsi to be a seperate exam.
we're in the WORLD CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!

So much crazyiness on high street kensington today! a massive parade of iranians and reza's has about 200 iranians sdtanding outside with flags beeping horns!
Reply 82
LondonBoy
we're in the WORLD CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!

So much crazyiness on high street kensington today! a massive parade of iranians and reza's has about 200 iranians sdtanding outside with flags beeping horns!

Yes! I found out when i got home from work today. Very happy :biggrin:
Reply 83
EMRUZ IRAN BORD!

Soooo happy! I have the flag hanging from my window (not that anyone will know what it is)

Which flag do we use? I use the lion sun and sword.
Reply 84
I'm not Iranian, but nice to have an Asian country in the WC :biggrin:
Reply 85
Yup Zaf! Japan got through as well.

What about those Saudi gits?
Northumbrian
Surelt it's Maasheen?

Persian has many dialects Hameed, but the most widely spoken one, and one used in most literature, history, law etc is Farsi.

Maybe they thought Dari and Tajik were too similar to Farsi to be a seperate exam.

true.. The books which have been written or translated in Iran has no difference from Dari, because they havent used the informal language in it.. but in these exams we get the informal language of the iranians..

BTW congratz, u guyz r in world cup.. :wink:
Reply 87
Northumbrian
Yup Zaf! Japan got through as well.

What about those Saudi gits?

The ones that were hammered 8-0 by germany :rofl:
Reply 88
but in these exams we get the informal language of the iranians..
Oh I see! That's not very good! They should just use formal Persian or at least not put in Iranian colloquialism.

BTW congratz, u guyz r in world cup..
Khayli Mamnoon!

lol Zaf

So which other asian countries are through?
Japan.. South Korea.. The arabs :O and Iran.. i wish there is a match between Iran and USA, it would be fantastic like 1998 world cup..
Reply 90
Hameedtarin
Japan.. South Korea.. The arabs :O and Iran.. i wish there is a match between Iran and USA, it would be fantastic like 1998 world cup..

I remember when Iran beat USA 2-1 in 1998, and my teacher was like its because they say "Allahu Akbar" :p:
Reply 91
Yup! I loved it when we beat Sheytoon-e-Bozorg :wink:

There were LOADS of anti-regime demonstrators at that match. Big banners saying 'Down with Khamenei, Down with Khatami.' But the French police started stealing them, and battering the people! :rolleyes:

My flag is still hanging from my window :tsr:
Reply 92
zaf1986
I remember when Iran beat USA 2-1 in 1998, and my teacher was like its because they say "Allahu Akbar" :p:

I remember watching that with my Dad. It's the only time he had ever been interested in football...I guess I shall be explaining the offside rule to him again now. :rolleyes:
Are u guys against or support the current regime in Iran?
Reply 94
MARG BAR KHAAMANEI - MARG BAR KHAATAMI

ESTEGHLAAL - AAZAADI - JOMHURIEH MARDOMI!

One day the tyranny will end.
Well i personally dont like the religious regimes and leaders.. they r really cruel.. Iran is a wealthy country but in wrong hands.. the only thing which i like about the regime is that it is Anti-American.. if they are out then someone like Karzai will come to power, an american agent.. :O
Reply 96
woooooooooh EY IRAN DA DA DA DA DA, WERE IN THE WORLD CUP , COME ONE. OH IVEGOT A. DAEI'S FOOTBALL SHIRT THAT HE WORE IN THE COUP DE MONDE 96 WHEN THEY LOST AGAINST IRELAND AND ITS STILL SMELLS OF HIM. YOU KNOW .
Reply 97
How do you have it?!
Reply 98
Northumbrian
How do you have it?!

my grandma is family friends with his family in tehran and she asked him for a souvenir for me for my birthday and he just gave his shirt that he wore to her.
Reply 99
WOW! COOL! Keep it safe!

Bombs in Ahvaz today. Some say it might be Arab seperatist groups. Maybe the government shouldn't have banned non-religious Arab names or tried to deny that some Arabs who live in Khuzestan are actually natives.

Latest

Trending

Trending