The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Did anyone hear Korner - what did they think?
Reply 2
Did I slap any of you in the face playing duckduckgoose?
Reply 3
fishpaste
Did I slap any of you in the face playing duckduckgoose?

fishcake! :eek:
Reply 4
RichE
Did anyone hear Korner - what did they think?

I went to the Cambridge Open Day yesterday (07/05/05), in the morning we went out Trinity and Cambridge in general, in the afternoon we went to the mini-lectures.

Tom Kormer did speak, it was about Why we aren't all called Smith. I understood about the first 3 minutes, but after that it got confusing and by the end I didn't actually know why we wasn't called Smith. I looked around the lecture room (which was packed, the only seats left for me was on the very top to the sides, which didn't have desks) and I never saw one person who looked like they understand, I even saw people asleep.

This happened during the other two speeches aswell, I particulary found the other two more confusing because they was related to Physics hugely:

Dr Jon Dawes : The mathematics of natural patterns. (This guy was quite young which I was suprised about, especially since he had a PhD)
Professor Gary Gibbons: Spacetime.

We also got a session with Hugh Osbourne which was good, he answered our questions (I girl there was doing 3 Maths A Levels and he also mentioned some people do 8-9 A Levels, to confirm this we got told by an Undergraduate there that somebody he knew had done 10 A Levels, what a monster!).

The city was good and Trinitys Great Court looked great.

Anybody else go?
Reply 5
TomX
The city was good and Trinitys Great Court looked great

Yay!

*waves the Trinity flag* :biggrin:
Reply 6
TomX
I went to the Cambridge Open Day yesterday (07/05/05), in the morning we went out Trinity and Cambridge in general, in the afternoon we went to the mini-lectures.

Tom Kormer did speak, it was about Why we aren't all called Smith. I understood about the first 3 minutes, but after that it got confusing and by the end I didn't actually know why we wasn't called Smith. I looked around the lecture room (which was packed, the only seats left for me was on the very top to the sides, which didn't have desks) and I never saw one person who looked like they understand, I even saw people asleep.

This happened during the other two speeches aswell, I particulary found the other two more confusing because they was related to Physics hugely:

Dr Jon Dawes : The mathematics of natural patterns. (This guy was quite young which I was suprised about, especially since he had a PhD)
Professor Gary Gibbons: Spacetime.

We also got a session with Hugh Osbourne which was good, he answered our questions (I girl there was doing 3 Maths A Levels and he also mentioned some people do 8-9 A Levels, to confirm this we got told by an Undergraduate there that somebody he knew had done 10 A Levels, what a monster!).

The city was good and Trinitys Great Court looked great.

Anybody else go?

did you see the prospective clare students outside lady mitchell hall owning the open day with our kids' games? :biggrin:
Reply 7
fishpaste
did you see the prospective clare students outside lady mitchell hall owning the open day with our kids' games? :biggrin:

Nope, but I arrived at Lady Mitchell Hall at around 2:28 so I guess you would have been inside by then :frown:

Latest