The Student Room Group

What was your offer for a psychology degree?

To everyone who has done or is currently doing a psychology degree, what were your AS grades and what offers did you receive when you applied to university?

I'm getting worried because i think i didn't do so well in my AS exams but i know that i can bring the grades up in january, but if university's look at AS grades when giving out offers then i haven't really got a chance :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

i got unconditional for cardiff uni and i have an A in psychology, an A in sociology and a B in religous studies (only an AS though)

x
Psych degrees are generally ABB+
Reply 3
My offer was ABB also, from Leeds Uni. My AS grades were AAB
Reply 4
ABB from Surrey
Reply 5
And BBB from portsmouth
I got A A D D in AS and got an AAB offer from Leeds
it seems like everyone's offers were quite high then..
Reply 8
In AS i got AAAB amd then A2 im hoping AAB which is what i need for York this summer.
oh wow, everyone's got high offers then. Is there anyone who got like C's at AS and recieved offers for AAB/ABB courses?
EmergingButterfly
oh wow, everyone's got high offers then. Is there anyone who got like C's at AS and recieved offers for AAB/ABB courses?

For AS I got ACD.
Then I got an offer of BBC at Alevel.
Hope that helps :smile:
Emz*Buttons*
For AS I got ACD.

yep, it does, thankyou!
Emz*Buttons*
For AS I got ACD.

Where for?
Sakura-Chan
Where for?

Nottingham Trent :smile:
Reply 14
Very few males in this thread? Is that the trend on psychology courses at university too?
marshey
Very few males in this thread? Is that the trend on psychology courses at university too?

Yep. Usually about 1m:6+f
quick question, when you guys applied for the courses had you declared your AS grades or where they not cashed in and so put as pending? and did you have to go for interviews for all your offers? thank you!
Reply 17
EmergingButterfly
quick question, when you guys applied for the courses had you declared your AS grades or where they not cashed in and so put as pending? and did you have to go for interviews for all your offers? thank you!

I pit mine on UCAS when i applied, i think everyone at my school did!! For York, Leeds, Newcastle, UEA and Warick i didnt have nay interviews. If your worried about the high grates at York etc to get in UEA is only BBB and is a really nice place, but then again you might prefer a city??
mad-cow18
I pit mine on UCAS when i applied, i think everyone at my school did!! For York, Leeds, Newcastle, UEA and Warick i didnt have nay interviews. If your worried about the high grates at York etc to get in UEA is only BBB and is a really nice place, but then again you might prefer a city??

What it is, is that i know for a fact that my AS grades aren't going to be good, e.g there probably going to be BCDD.. however my grades aren't going to be cashed in and so i'l be putting them as pending. but im definately going to be retaking most of my modules in january and hoping to bring it up to around ABBB, what i'm worried about is whether universities will give me offers based on predicted grades ( which will be ABB) or whether they'll call me for an interview find out my AS grades and not give me an offer..
Reply 19
EmergingButterfly
What it is, is that i know for a fact that my AS grades aren't going to be good, e.g there probably going to be BCDD.. however my grades aren't going to be cashed in and so i'l be putting them as pending. but im definitely going to be retaking most of my modules in january and hoping to bring it up to around ABBB, what i'm worried about is whether universities will give me offers based on predicted grades ( which will be ABB) or whether they'll call me for an interview find out my AS grades and not give me an offer..

I see where your coming form now..it really depends on what unis you are planning to apply for. Only the top unis will interview you adn many unis do understand modules are resat etc. I wouldnt worry as such at the moment until results day and after.. Have a look at both high and lower uni courses and make sure you have a mix within your options so if they dont take you then you have others to fall back on. Unis like UEA, i would ahve thought would still gove you an offer though.

Latest