The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Personally I am revising for pressure groups as well as presidential elections for the compulsory section. It is most likely for it to be pressure groups but I have a feeling that they might bring up elections because of the recent one.

For the second part I'm revising for political parties because that came up on the compulsory question last year. I'm not sure what else though. What about everyone else?
Reply 21
heenax
does anyone know what question came up as the compulsory one in aqa gov 4 in jan 2009 need to no urgentlyyyyyyyyyyy

I have just PM'ed.
Van der Zak
I have just PM'ed.

Drop me a PM too please for GOV4.

Reply 23
stranger101
Drop me a PM too please for GOV4.

Will do. Check your inbox in a sec.
hello everyone, what are the chances of primary and caucuses coming up for the essay question? I have done no work whatsoever for primary and caucuses.
Reply 25
Mr_Steve_Stifler
hello everyone, what are the chances of primary and caucuses coming up for the essay question? I have done no work whatsoever for primary and caucuses.

No one knows but luckily in Gov 5 you get option of 3 essays, so therefore if Primary and Caucuses come up then you have the option of chosing the other two essays which will be better suited to you.
Van der Zak
No one knows but luckily in Gov 5 you get option of 3 essays, so therefore if Primary and Caucuses come up then you have the option of chosing the other two essays which will be better suited to you.

Ok, does anyone have any notes on split ticket voting and its consequences?

I really need them.
Reply 27
Humza
Well Stevey Stifler, Van Der Zak has a good point. Pressure Groups hasn't been a compulsory one for a long time and the elections in USA and willthey-wontthey election in UK recently might endear AQA to making that compulsory. And considering AQA has to make some of the paper accessible to candidates who are weaker (not through being dumb, but simply not being arsed to revise) then I think it will be The US Electoral Process and Direct Democracy that is not gonna be in section 2. Failing that, probably Pressure Groups.

Sorry to hear your notes got nicked, Van Der Zak. If you know you're missing some info on stuff and want to go over it, drop me a reply here and I can help amass some notes for you and type up my own and upload them on the web somewhere. Or basically if I can help you out in anyway? I know it's a bit late, only checked in here today and the exam is tomorrow so yeah, if you do see this, drop me a line should you need to.

Has anyone else ever made examples up in their exams btw? I learn a lot of them, but sometimes I forget it exactly or I forget it entirely. Even worse, I have none for a particular point, so I make a localised one or fake poll up. The examiners will 99.99% not check certain types of examples that aren't common sense ones (eg: election turnout) which they are likely to know already themselves by being teachers. Just wondered if anyone else has ever done that ^^;

Really appreciate your kind gesture but I guess it's too late. I am just going over some of the essays I have written today and yesterday and make sure I remember the important concept of each topic. I so hope that differences between the two parties come up because since Obama became President there has been partisan difference between the Republican and Democrat because of the economic crisis. If that doesn't come then Two party dominance must come up. I have also prepared for the workings and criticism of the Electoral college should that come up.

Yeah, I do see what you mean, I don't make them up but sometimes I am wrong but my teacher said if there is only 2-5% difference than the original stat then you should be fine.

Which essay do you want to come up in Section 2?
Reply 28
Van der Zak could you please send me the Gov 4 PM as well. Thanks :smile:
Reply 29
Hello guys,

Let me take this opportunity to wish everyone the best of luck for tomorrow and their forthcoming exams. I hope you all do well and remember to always use examples when arguing a point, use political concept, always link back to the question, have a preceding conclusion linked to the discussion and always use the Source; it's there for a reasons. Again, best of luck for tomorrow.
Reply 30
Hi all. Likewise want to wish everyone the best of luck. Let's knock 'em dead :smile:.
How did everyone find gov4 and gov7?
I ****** up gov5 unfortunately, only did half of the arguments for parts 1b and 1c = fail.
Reply 33
I was spot on with my predictions. I thought it went well it could've been a lot worse. However, I didn't like the 1st question part (a). I was like :eek:. Also I was quite shocked but not suprised that differences between the party didn't come up, nevertheless I still done the two party dominance, which was reasonable to do. To be honest maybe for the first time in Gov 5, I could've attempted all the questions, there were no horrible question in section 2.
Reply 34
Mr_Steve_Stifler
I ****** up gov5 unfortunately, only did half of the arguments for parts 1b and 1c = fail.

What do you mean? Elaborate please.
Reply 35
danniebrowne

I never done Gov 4 as I done it in January. What questions came up in the first section and the second section? Thanks.
Van der Zak
I never done Gov 4 as I done it in January. What questions came up in the first section and the second section? Thanks.

The first section was about the powers of the PM and President.

In the second section, I did the question on Congressional and Parliamentary Committees, no idea what the others are.
danniebrowne

They were both okay actually. The questions were fairly varied and quite straightforward - now I hope that translate into a good grade *fingers crossed*.

On Gov4 I did question 3, and on Gov7 I did question 4, what about you? How did you find it in general?
Reply 38
stranger101
The first section was about the powers of the PM and President.

In the second section, I did the question on Congressional and Parliamentary Committees, no idea what the others are.

That's okay I guess, it could've been a lot worse like for example having to do a compulsory question about the Federal Bureaucracy. Did Politicisation of the Supreme Court Judges come up by any chance?
Van der Zak
What do you mean? Elaborate please.

I only one wrote one counter-argument that said pressure groups were not getting too powerful in part 1c. The rest of the argument was me basically saying how they are getting too powerful.

for 1b i only wrote a couple of paragraphs about tactics and didn't even talk about the executive. For one bit i wrote about how they lobby judges decisions but the argument sucked as i couldn't think of the developments.

FFS.

Latest

Trending

Trending