anyone??
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
It's really modern.
The fountain is nice.
If I were to be force to go catered I would choose Jubilee.

Not sure about the room and social side though, I don't actually know anyone staying there.
lol same here!

And I have the same questions as you!

BTW I'm gonna be doing medicine.
Reply 4
kooky18
Whats jubilee campus like? I was an idiot and applied for my accomadation too late, so all the university park campus's were full but since i wanted catered have applied to jubilee, not really sure what its like!
Who generally goes: freshers/post grads/international students? What are the rooms like? Social life? Any help/information would be much appreciated!

Who generally goes? They're all undergraduate halls, bar the newly-opened Melton Hall for postgraduates. As with all halls, on Jubilee, UP and off-campus, they're guaranteed and usually snapped up by Fresher's, and a lot of international students I know stay in their for an extra year or so because it's somewhere they have quick and easy access to any help while they're here. But continuing students are definitely in a minority, along with students continuing there for disability issues. Pretty much everyone there will be a Fresher, just like you :smile:

The rooms are very modern, clean and spacious. Here's a 360degree tour of a Jubilee en-suite room: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/nh/students/accomm/virtual_tours/_jubilee_campus/en-suite.html

Social life is pretty much the same as on UP from my experience. If you get heavily involved with societies, AU blubs, and the SU, you might not appreciate the walk home from Portland Building on UP in the evening, but if you're off before the last Hopper Bus before 11pm (timetable - http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/about/documents/jubileehopper.pdf) then it's a 5 minute bus journey. Useful if you've had a drink at night!

I find you get the same mix of students (roughly anyway) on Jubilee as on UP. You might find a few quiter people because they think it's less central to the university, but I doubt you'd notice a huge difference. In terms of going out into town, it's about 50p cheaper in the taxi each way, just as easy to get to/from on the public bus services, and yes, Jubilee students do go clubbing!

Latest

Trending

Trending