The Student Room Group
Agree with the poster above its common knowledge that the USA has the death sentance for juvenile
Reply 2
Juvenile = under 16 or 18?
Reply 3
Now I hate America.

Ta.
Reply 4
brokenangel
Agree with the poster above its common knowledge that the USA has the death sentance for juvenile

Something interesting that unites the 5 countries.

Politically different or are they?
Reply 5
Under 18s is the definition.

I don't agree with the death penalty in any cases anyway but I don't think you can say that it really matters if it is 18 or above or 16 and above.
Reply 6
YOU FORGOT ZIMBABWE
Reply 7
UGeNe

Of course they are politically different. WTH?
Reply 8
UGeNe

Er yeah. They are. :shot:
Reply 9
Kiwiguy
Er yeah. They are. :shot:

closer than we most think

majority of pop. agrees = death penalty
Reply 10
"The death penalty is forbidden in all states for those under the age of 18 at the time of their crime following the Supreme Court's ruling in Roper v. Simmons"

At least there is greater transparency in the states where everything is recorded and viewable by the public. Can't say the same for the other countries u mentioned.
Reply 11
P.S Definitely more than those countries do it, just some are so ****** it doesn't even get reported.
It was used a few times on people for crimes committed by people when they were 17. I'm not for the death penalty, but after researching the cases, I wasn't really shedding any tears over these murderers because the crimes were so unbelievably heinous. Just beyond belief :eek:
Reply 13
I thought the Supreme court decided to abolish the death penalty for juveniles in 2005? Cant find any sources that they have taken back their sentence.

Latest

Trending

Trending