The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I think those subjects are fine. But if you need to choose one, choose maths. Most of my friends doing science based course like biomedical science or medicine chose maths over physics.

In the end it's up to you as those subjects are fine, choose the one you will be comfortable.
Reply 2
I didn't do Maths or Physics A2s..

have you checked the stickied requirements thread in the Medical subforum, r0manticide17? that outlines the subjects all the medical schools in the country want.. & for none maths/physics are compulsory.
Reply 3
If you actually want to do physics or maths though (over other subjects), physics will probably come in most helpful - especially for caridorespiratory.
Reply 4
Ive been put in for intermediate for GCSE. The college questioned why I wasnt doing higher, they said I could try it if i wanted to, but since i hadnt done the higher work it might be a bit ropey. I do feel more comfortable with physics, im expected for A* physics and B maths, but id never know if i could get A or A* because im only on intermediate. Anyway. I do feel physics will come in handy if I change my mind and do a Geography related degree. Most sciences only want chemistry, and if i had my way Medical would only need chemistry because its so damn difficult! :rolleyes:

Latest