The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

end account
Hey guys, I've confirmed my offer of Nottingham - Chinese Studies - Rutland Hall 09' En-Suite.

So, I guess I should be saying hey neighbours to you three ;P

We should meet up for a drink during freshers haha.

:hi: Rutlander-Number-4!!! Welcome to the best hall at the best uni ever!!!

Oooo...you can teach me how to count to 10 in chinese. I know japanese already lol. Ich Ni San Chi Go Raku Nana Huch Qu Ju!! :smile:

And I can teach you how to look mighty hot wearing a stethescope lol!!!!!:woo: :woo:

EDIT: Just realised you're a boy LMAO
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Whats all this about medicals and injections?
I've already started getting my injections. Need soooo many because I'm heading out to China, so need to be super safe haha.
Oooo...you can teach me how to count to 10 in chinese. I know japanese already lol. Ich Ni San Chi Go Raku Nana Huch Qu Ju!!

And I can teach you how to look mighty hot wearing a stethescope lol!!!!!

一二三四五六七八九十 Done ^_~ . Hot while wearing a stethescope eh? Don't worry. I used to get mistake for a girl all the time as a kid. Some of my friends still believe I look alot like scarlett johansson in lost in translation, well minus the long hair >_>;;
cunningstunt87
Whats all this about medicals and injections?

Oh nonono, you don't have to worry about that, its just for medical students. Just incase we catch something from patients, and also to make sure the patients don't catch anything from us lol.

Although if you want a full medical check up, just ask me or Eta anytime. Thats what neighbours are for!!! :woo:
end account
I've already started getting my injections. Need soooo many because I'm heading out to China, so need to be super safe haha.

一二三四五六七八九十 Done ^_~ . Hot while wearing a stethescope eh? Don't worry. I used to get mistake for a girl all the time as a kid. Some of my friends still believe I look alot like scarlett johansson in lost in translation, well minus the long hair >_>;;

Hahahaha!!! Now that you've said that I 've gotta watch that movie. Then when I see you at Rutland (grades permitting), I'll be like RUTLANDER NUMBER 4!!! From your profile pic I can't really tell if you look like her or not, because you look a bit sleepy lol

Wow, China is on my list of Must-See places. The culture is just so rich and vibrant, it seems like a great place. Is that why you chose to come to Nottingham? They have a campus in China don't they? And in Malaysia too I think.
buck-your-waas
Oh nonono, you don't have to worry about that, its just for medical students. Just incase we catch something from patients, and also to make sure the patients don't catch anything from us lol.

Although if you want a full medical check up, just ask me or Eta anytime. Thats what neighbours are for!!! :woo:

Thanks guys. And if you guys ever need an expenses scam then let me know :biggrin:
haha, this sounds like we are building a super hero team, with super powers in Chinese translation, Expenses scandels and healing powers!
Reply 27
buck-your-waas
Lol stingy GP!!! £15 for a signature? Meh, I would probably charge the same....:p:

I've had the first two injections, but it honestly doesn't matter as they're gonna give us a checkover when we get there (a bit like MOT!!!), to see what injections we need.

Yer but he has to check your record and make sure what you have put is correct before he signs/stamps

Oh right, yer I havn't had any injections! I think I'll wait till I get my MOT and then let them sort it out :smile:
end account
haha, this sounds like we are building a super hero team, with super powers in Chinese translation, Expenses scandels and healing powers!

*to the tune of Batman* Nananananananana RUTLAND!!! Lol I like this super hero team idea....We'll need some sort of way to fight the Rutland haters :ninja: We should have a secret whistle or handshake or somethin, that only rutlanders know about haha

Although we definitely need more ladies on this super hero team. I'm beginning to think that Rutland is a guy-only hall. Come on rutland-chicks!!!! I know you're out there so come join the thread!!!!!!!!! :woo:
cunningstunt87
Thanks guys. And if you guys ever need an expenses scam then let me know :biggrin:

Ha, our Luton South MP got rumbled for spending 22 grand sorting out dry rot at her southampton "second home".

I do feel sorry for Gordon Brown though. His face looks like its melting from sheer stress. Kinda like Tony Blairs did....
Eta
Yer but he has to check your record and make sure what you have put is correct before he signs/stamps

Oh right, yer I havn't had any injections! I think I'll wait till I get my MOT and then let them sort it out :smile:

Lol I'm looking forward to the MOT haha. I hope they don't weigh us though :s-smilie: EEEK Or prod us with sticks or anything lol
Reply 31
buck-your-waas
Lol I'm looking forward to the MOT haha. I hope they don't weigh us though :s-smilie: EEEK Or prod us with sticks or anything lol

Weigh us! lol. Clearly not gonna happen. "you must be within a certain BMI range to be a doctor".
Reply 32
Helloooo:smile:

Im in Rutland En suite 09 :biggrin:

Politics student by the way.

Looking forward too it all sooooooo much :eek3: Especially freshers week and Karni. Apparently we inherit a massive responsibility to win lol

Medics eh? At least you get to be part of the main campus, unlike most univeristies! And another politics student! Hi there *waves*

So what is everyone most looking forward to?

xxx
Reply 33
Wiseneira

Looking forward too it all sooooooo much :eek3: Especially freshers week and Karni. Apparently we inherit a massive responsibility to win lol

Medics eh? At least you get to be part of the main campus, unlike most univeristies! And another politics student! Hi there *waves*

xxx

:s-smilie: I'm pretty certain medical students are just like any others at most universities ?

errrrm most looking forward to probably meeting new people :smile:
Reply 34
Well, the other unis i visited and the ones my friend applied to (to do medicine), all the medics were seperated, on seperate campuses and everything.

xxx
Wiseneira
Well, the other unis i visited and the ones my friend applied to (to do medicine), all the medics were seperated, on seperate campuses and everything.

xxx

Nottingham just do that with Vets. Send them off lol.

I'm looking forward to having my own little domain of a room to rule over. Also meeting nice people to invite to hang out there aswell ^^

That and taking far too long showers and then just chilling in the evenings, doing exactly what I want.
Wiseneira

xxx

Hey there *waves back*

Are you doing L200 politics, or are you doing one of the many other politics courses?

I'm most looking forward to the IMS and playing football regularly again. I'm gonna spend most of the summer in the gym to try and get fit enough to play. Looking forward to living away in a new city as well and making loads of new mates and playing all the silly drinking games again that I played when I was 18. Gonna relive my youth :smile:
Wiseneira

xxx

:ymca: RUTLANDER NUMBER 5 HAS ARRIVED!! Welcome.....Oooo and you're a girl!! :woo: Now I don't feel so testosteronised

And you're a politician to keep cunning_stunt company...now we just need another chinese-er for end_account and then we all have our moving-in buddies!!

I'm looking forward to absolutely everything, although I'm very nervous at the same time. Living in a new city, learning new things, living on my own for the first time, joining societies, etc.

And I've heard Freshers Week is incredible. I really hope we all get the grades we need :eek3: :eek3:

BTW- rutland are Karni legends!! I think they've won loads of times, although one year I think they cheated so now we'll have to put up with taunts of "BOOOOO RUTLAND"
Wiseneira

xxx

Yeah your friend was probably applyin to BSMS or HYMS, two of the newer medical schools which are collaborations between 2 unis so the medics are often slightly segregated from the rest of the world lol. Another reason why Nottingham Medics= Win!!! Though we are a little seperated from the main campus by a huge scary dual carriageway and a mystery giant silver tube. No really knows what thats for LOL :ninja:
buck-your-waas
:ymca: RUTLANDER NUMBER 5 HAS ARRIVED!! Welcome.....Oooo and you're a girl!! :woo: Now I don't feel so testosteronised

And you're a politician to keep cunning_stunt company...now we just need another chinese-er for end_account and then we all have our moving-in buddies!!

I'm looking forward to absolutely everything, although I'm very nervous at the same time. Living in a new city, learning new things, living on my own for the first time, joining societies, etc.

And I've heard Freshers Week is incredible. I really hope we all get the grades we need :eek3: :eek3:

BTW- rutland are Karni legends!! I think they've won loads of times, although one year I think they cheated so now we'll have to put up with taunts of "BOOOOO RUTLAND"

Oh if we can't find another Chinese-er, I guess they could just send a Chinese lady my way to hang out with me, yup, that would be me just fine ;D

Latest