The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
emmanuel already does cufflinks...they're quite popular!

and yeah blues squad stuff is the best. I'm so tempted to trial for lightweights just cos you get a cambridge splash jacket!!!
Reply 81
Willa

and yeah blues squad stuff is the best. I'm so tempted to trial for lightweights just cos you get a cambridge splash jacket!!!

I guess you'd need to get fairly far in the process before they start handing out that kind of stuff though
Reply 82
I want a pair :frown:. From any college.
Reply 83
Willa

Yeah I'm trying out for everything possible next year so I can drown myself in Blues stash. Doubt I'll get on any of the teams though :frown:
Reply 84
Bezza
I guess you'd need to get fairly far in the process before they start handing out that kind of stuff though

no i think you can get one for just being in the dev squad...which is obviously over the summer. And i'm 99% sure you get them if you row with them in michaelmas term....and my captain seems to reckon I'd stand a reasonable chance of getting at least that far!
Reply 85
puppy
Yeah I'm trying out for everything possible next year so I can drown myself in Blues stash. Doubt I'll get on any of the teams though :frown:

yeah korfball is my current only blues stash, which isn't the coolest (but not the worst!). I'm sure I could get a rowing one if I put in the effort and had the willpower to get up really early every morning!
Reply 86
Willa
no i think you can get one for just being in the dev squad...which is obviously over the summer. And i'm 99% sure you get them if you row with them in michaelmas term....and my captain seems to reckon I'd stand a reasonable chance of getting at least that far!

that sounds pretty cool then! I have free blues stash, although it's actually blue unlike the green kit you guys all have :wink:
Reply 87
puppy
I think we should clarify what 'stash' is- it can't be something you buy, it has to be something you get for taking part in something (so yes, I guess mayball t-shirts count). Obviously some stash is better than others, Blues stash for a sport that doesn't suck is obviously the best.

Oh, and anything you manage to steal from formal is all good, but usually the bigger the better :biggrin:

what if it;s something you get for taking part but which you still pay for. like club/society tshirts and stuff?

and the dreaded GREEN HOODIES
Reply 88
Helenia
Well, unless the Magdalen ones have a better offer for us? :wink:

better dress sense (!) & attitude in general, methinks. :date:

though the First 8 is rather taken this year, off the top of my head.. i could try & pimp out M2? :p:
Reply 89
Elles
better dress sense (!) & attitude in general, methinks. :date:

though the First 8 is rather taken this year, off the top of my head.. i could try & pimp out M2? :p:

14 bumps in the last 11 days of bumps races (or something), though I doubt they care much about their rowing ability :wink:
Reply 90
Camford
we should get colleges to do "accessaries" like handbags, lipstick... rings, ear rings, body piercing.................. toe nail vanishers, combs, body lotions....

computer says nao.
Reply 91
Bezza
14 bumps in the last 11 days of bumps races (or something), though I doubt they care much about their rowing ability :wink:

& crew looks pretty damn good for 8s!
I, of course, mean in terms of rowing ability - anything else would be near incestuous.. :wink:
fingers crossed for catching Pembroke II & having the double 2nd headship! :biggrin:

why have I hijacked a thread about rowing? :eek: hmm, i obviously need an all-consuming hobby of my own..
Reply 92
Lozza
computer says nao.

Pembroke did computers last term. My engineer friend go one. and since then, he's been ebaying for parts to upgrade it.
Reply 93
Bezza
that sounds pretty cool then! I have free blues stash, although it's actually blue unlike the green kit you guys all have :wink:

what's your blues sport then?

And I like our "blues" kit...it's a distinct Cambridge Blue...unlike the rather indistinct Oxford Blue
Reply 94
Willa
what's your blues sport then?

And I like our "blues" kit...it's a distinct Cambridge Blue...unlike the rather indistinct Oxford Blue

that would be telling! suffice to say you comprehensively by the tabs this year :frown: i wasn't in the varsity team though - was reserve

..but it's still not blue :p:
Reply 95
Bezza
that would be telling! suffice to say you comprehensively by the tabs this year :frown: i wasn't in the varsity team though - was reserve

..but it's still not blue :p:

well we didnt win much...soo hmmmm...women's football? :p:

go on tell us!
Reply 96
Willa
well we didnt win much...soo hmmmm...women's football? :p:

go on tell us!

Cambridge trashed Oxford comprehensively this year at Badminton.

A.
Reply 97
Alaric
Cambridge trashed Oxford comprehensively this year at Badminton.

A.

and at korfball.....but i'm 100% sure he doesnt play that!

I now seem to have a nickname in the oxford camp based on my goal score in that match (or so i hear) :rolleyes: they must be so bitter if that's true!
Reply 98
Willa
and at korfball.....but i'm 100% sure he doesnt play that!

I now seem to have a nickname in the oxford camp based on my goal score in that match (or so i hear) :rolleyes: they must be so bitter if that's true!

One goal Willy?

Sorry I have no idea how many you scored :p:

A.
Reply 99
Alaric
One goal Willy?

Sorry I have no idea how many you scored :p:

A.

I scored 6 I'll have you know, half of the total goal tally for our side, and questionably a varsity record

Latest

Trending

Trending