The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
look wezzler its not...everyone i spoke to got 37.2.
do the sum..
Reply 41
alright even if it is i will still get 5 marks
Reply 42
i did the simultaneous one and got x= -3 y=-3 & x=1 y=5
i thought it was quite easy but everyone else i know sed it was hard =//
Reply 43
VinayMan
Did anyone do the 1380 paper? cos that paper was pretty good, it's the Linear one not modular

think i did, ye i 4t it wo pritti gud 2, did u do the one with the simultaneous equation at end? :smile:
Reply 44
crawleytownfc
Thought it was okay, hopefully I will scrape a C LOLZ.

Does anyone know what they got for the one when you have to find the area of the shaded shape in the middle of two quater circles? I got 22cm...

I think i got that aswel =D
Has anyone here thought about remembering interesting facts.. rather than memorising mayths answers :smile:
I think the grade boundaries are lower for non-coursework.

Not sure how much lower though - I heard it was something like 52 marks on another thread exactly the same as this one.

Use the search box kay?

It won't hurt.
Reply 47
I did modular, was soo much easier than non-calculator paper

Was the answer to the last question 37.2?
Reply 48
Will170393
I did modular, was soo much easier than non-calculator paper

Was the answer to the last question 37.2?

ye it was, well i got 37.3 but rounded wrong so still got 5 out of 6
Reply 49
lol ok finally we sorted that out.
Reply 50
ye i just wernt sure, but jack will i get 5 out of 6 marks, and you know the rearrangin one if i moved the bottom of the fraction to the other side will i get 1 mark
Reply 51
yh u will get 5 marks..becasue its only a rounding up error.
And yh i think u will get 1 mark on the re-arranging 1.
Reply 52
yash123A
What did everyone get for that 3d Pythagoras one?

i got 13.6 i fink, thats if ur onabout aqa linear
Hey, well I got 37.2, I think. And also, I'm sure I will get other marks for working, and they might accept my answer, still, it depends how I worked it, on the calculator, or whatever. I'm not too sure, though.
Reply 54
It's strange: When I was doing the CGP 'past papers', I thought that they were rediculously easy compared to the actual past papers for the last 5 years.

At the end of the exam, I realised that the actual paper was probably only slightly above that level (I'm judging by the fact that it wasn't enough to bore me to tears, although I didn't really have to think that much), which is sad.

That said, I always make lots of silly mistakes on easy papers-I don't engage my brain unless something catches its attention. If I get a hard Q at the end, though, I'm more awake when I go back through and check them all.

I think I'm just a maths (and foreign languages) person, though. Even if I get okay marks on Biology or Electronics I always find them really hard when everyone else says they're easy... (they're the two that stick out the most)

Latest