The Student Room Group

Tips to get rid of spots overnight?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I've been at war with spots for a good 5 years. I'm pretty clear now, I get the occasional break out, but nothing that's overly prominent on my face!
One thing I have learnt, is that spots do not disappear over night.
Yes, methods such as the toothpaste one or using sudocrem will help reduce the rawness of the spot (It won't be as red and irritating) It won't (for the majority) make the spot/s disappear, and the majority of spots I.e white heads or black heads, have puss and gunky stuff inside them which needs to be removed for the spot to completely disappear.
Time is crucial when treating acne.
Most people want to get rid of it so bad that they don't give treatments enough time to work. (The majority of prescribed treatments take at least a month to start working properly)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 41
I have the same problem and i'm in the process of trying to find out what works for me. At the moment i have been popping my spots, then wiping them with an antiseptic wipe ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/Savlon-cleansing-protecting-individually-sachets/dp/B003EFW87G/ref=sr_1_11?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1358372514&sr=1-11 ), smothering germolene on top ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/GERMOLENE-Antiseptic-Cream-Local-Anaesthetic/dp/B0036USU30/ref=sr_1_15?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1358372563&sr=1-15 ) and then using clearasil rapid action seal to clear gel ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/Clearasil-Ultra-Rapid-Action--Clear/dp/B009GYE9LC/ref=sr_1_1?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1358372627&sr=1-1 ) ive found this qite effective and cheap, i suggest you try it:smile: hope everything goes okay
Reply 42
Go doctors and get prescribed with tablets

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
I know this has been mentioned already but Sudocrem really does work. Though I've noticed (at least for me personally) it doesn't actually get rid of spots, but more speeds the process along - it brings pimples out quicker, but gets rid of them quicker too I think?
Original post by Cultivated
I tried Colgate/tooth paste. It kept burning and left me a huge scar that still hasn't disappeared :'[

you should only leave toothpaste on like 5 seconds if it's burning...then wash off immediately. do not leave ANY toothpast eon very long!!
I'll second all the sudocrem recommendations; however only put it on actual areas of spots and not just all over your face as it will bring out whiteheads.
Tea tree oil and honey make a formidable combination.
Reply 47
Original post by pina.Love
I have a really huge spot on my face. Its itchy and i want to get rid of it i want it to be smaller by 2mro morning.

Any tips?

Thanks

None of the suggestion on here will work if it is cystic, you need to moisturise it a little so can easily apply coverage, toothpaste clogs pores and will leaving it dry looking like a crater beneath make up.

Go to the doctors and get antibiotics.
Reply 48
:smile:It realy works
Reply 49
I have this problem myself around my chin area like either side, it isn't so much whiteheads its just usually red spots/marks. I've tried sudocrem and I don't really think that helped, is there anything else?! Oh and this is my first post so be nice haha 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
Well, first if it is a white head squeeeeeezee it, then I use a make up wipe (even if I have no make-up on). I use TCP then germoline over the top. I wait for it to dry or I use a blow dryer then put Rimmel London face primer on. That usally works in two days. Hope it works. :wink: :smile:
Reply 51
Like others are saying, sudocrem!! It's cheap and actually works!
Reply 52
Sudocrem- I swear by it!
As well as Clarins pure & radiant mask with pink clay...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
Lemon.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2283386_use-lemon-treat-acne.html

It's very powerful. You should see a major improvement in a week.
Reply 54
Dnt use toothpaste it makes all the blood rise to the surface anyway I find that germonlene works brilliantly :biggrin:
Sudocrem
I had problems with spots for years!

I used toothpaste but it got quite annoying after a while, now I use black tea.

Dip a tea bag into warm water, dab it across your spots & do so a few times - it dries quite quickly and so you can use a lot.

Then leave it overnight & in the morning just wash off any left over residue with a plain face wash...

You'll notice your skin is firmer, tighter and drier... this is good because it will remove any excess oil/grease, dry out the spots, close your pores and even out the skin (tends to remove blotchy skin and red marks).

Its also great for the black bags under your eyes!!

I write about it all the time :wink:
Original post by pina.Love
I have a really huge spot on my face. Its itchy and i want to get rid of it i want it to be smaller by 2mro morning.

Okay, Go to the local store and get Simple triple action from superdrug or boots or a pharmacist and then you use it as a facemask or just wash and it improves overnight
I would recommend some products from LUSH. My boyfriend has really bad acne but since I got him started with some products from LUSH his face has cleared up dramatically.
According to Pinterest a crushed aspirin mixed with a little water should work.

Quick Reply

Latest