The Student Room Group

Tips to get rid of spots overnight?

I have a really huge spot on my face. Its itchy and i want to get rid of it i want it to be smaller by 2mro morning.

Any tips?

Thanks

===
Here are some of the top spot-defeating tips offered in this thread so far...
===
(Community team update)

"Sudocrem is very good... toothpaste also kind of works," says littlemiss-sunshine

"Try Savlon...it kills the bacteria or something...they disappear overnight...no kidding," says girlmechanik

"Grab a couple of aspirin, dissolve/crush them in a bit of water until a paste is created then apply the paste to your face," says fabulous_darling

"Tea-tree oil is amazing," says AccioJellyBean

"I know this sounds weird but white vinegar is really good on spots, obviously not near the eyes," says charcharchar

"Germolene! Smells weird but works amazingly," says littlechinagirl

"I used toothpaste but it got quite annoying after a while, now I use black tea," says james93parsons

Or scroll down for lots more...
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Sudocrem is very good... toothpaste also kind of works - dries the spot up so it's not so red. Or witchhazel stuff if you happen to have any
Reply 2
toothpaste.

or spot cream (which im guessing you dont have).

Tea tree oil? Ask your mum!
Reply 3
germoline or witch hazel
Reply 4
urine...
Dab TCP on it - stinks but it helps to minimise them.
Reply 6
d.b.asf
germoline or witch hazel

I use to love the smell of germoline :/
Reply 7
MSNBOY
try colgate or lemon juice <-- they help

I tried Colgate/tooth paste. It kept burning and left me a huge scar that still hasn't disappeared :'[
If its a whitehead squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze it!
you can help reduce the spot but suggestions about...especially the sudocream

but if its ache ure worried about overnight wont do it....try 5 years! thats how long it took me (all the face creams in...welll everywhere, 3 gps and 2 dermantologists) to sort it

so glad those times are over....
cheese grater and salt
Reply 11
Eat tangfastics to make you feel better and use one of the creams advised above^ :smile:
Cultivated
I tried Colgate/tooth paste. It kept burning and left me a huge scar that still hasn't disappeared :'[

I tried the toothpaste method and my face was on fire - I took it off straight away! You have a scar from the toothpaste method? :s-smilie: jeeze.

Hope it does oneday vanish for you though.
Reply 13
cut your face off.
Reply 14
k thanks ill look for sudocream
try savlon...it kills the bacteria or something...they disapear overnight...no kidding, i use it most nights not to keep spots away x
Peel your face off.
Reply 17
pina.Love
I have a really huge spot on my face. Its itchy and i want to get rid of it i want it to be smaller by 2mro morning.

Any tips?

Thanks
Squeeze it out, wash it thoroughly with very hot water and soap, squeeze it again and wash it again. Dry it with cold water, just carry on doing it for a couple of minutes. Then dry it and put some aftershave or something like that on it, and don't touch it.
Grab a couple of aspirin, dissolve/crush them in a bit of water until a paste is created then apply the paste to your face. Leave it on for a few minutes, then wash it off with warm water and then splash your face with cold water. Et voila.
Tea-tree oil is amazing.
If I were you I'd put toothpaste on it overnight and then put some tea tree on it in the morning.

Quick Reply

Latest