The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
i chose eastside single room en suite then beit hall single room en suite and i chose eastside twin room and beit hall twin room .. i was really annoyed that i couldnt apply for the same halls but different price bands
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 81
I tried with differnent price bands and it wouldnt load them when i ticked them, come up with a sign at the top. Oh well too late now, to be honest will be just happy to go at the rate my exams are going!
Reply 82
No idea where to apply for accomdation. Where does all the fun happen and the stereotypes not hold true :biggrin: Also hello everyone, looking forward to meeting you assuming i don't muck up these exams. Wow eastside is expensive but new and nice. Even with those study support bursaries at £3300 p.a i cant afford that lol. I hope pempridge is nice because it's looking like a viable option from here.
Reply 83
-tReVoR-
No idea where to apply for accomdation. Where does all the fun happen and the stereotypes not hold true :biggrin: Also hello everyone, looking forward to meeting you assuming i don't muck up these exams. Wow eastside is expensive but new and nice. Even with those study support bursaries at £3300 p.a i cant afford that lol. I hope pembridge is nice because it's looking like a viable option from here.

Yep, Pembridge is a nice halls, and I know a few of the hall seniors there. The place has a good community, and isn't that far away.

I still prefer Wilson House as halls, as it always seemed the most fun of all of the halls, but that's just me.
Reply 84
do u all reckon you've met ur grades to get into imperial?
how much leaway do u reckon theyll give us?

coz im abit worried about missin the grades by a bit..
I have finally made my options on the halls of residence.

Garden, Week, Pembridge(En-suite), Wilson, Holbein. All single room.

Actually I have looked into the ICL accommodation website again and again, as I am afraid of making the wrong choices for a place which I will stay for a year. But, still not too sure whether I have made the correct option. lol

In fact, what I want is a place, where I can overlook a garden, and moderately far (20-25mins walk) from the campus, equipped with sport facilities and of course stalls or supermarkets where I can get my groceries.
I went for:

Garden
Weeks
Beit
Willis Jackson
Bernard Sunley

Cheap and cheerful, all standard singles, and not too far from campus.
Reply 87
luminodreamer89

In fact, what I want is a place, where I can overlook a garden, and moderately far (20-25mins walk) from the campus, equipped with sport facilities and of course stalls or supermarkets where I can get my groceries.

why do u wana walk 20-25 mins 2 campus? ive chosen very lazy options lol.
kaycay
why do u wana walk 20-25 mins 2 campus? ive chosen very lazy options lol.

because i really want to have a place to overlook a garden. And, halls which are close will be very expensive. :smile:
Reply 89
^recommer :tongue: hai there...

haha, i choose lazy options too, furthest i chose was pembridge, because that is single room and the others i choose are twins, cheaper for someone who wants to save money like me...
i even considered the triple in gardens ^^ but end up choosing twin instead...
I don't know if any of you looked at the virtual 'tour' of the triple rooms - they're about double the size of a twin room. I thought they looked pretty cute, but I wanted to be able to have a friend (or 2) crash over without disturbing anyone else. :smile:
Reply 91
exactly!
reason why i was so tempted to choose the triple room including the fact that it is cheap.
the room really looks huge, much bigger.

but my cousin advise against it, saying three is a crowd >_>
Reply 92
Im taking a look at all the options on thursday before i choose. But triple room is tempting me....cheep! I would love a single but i thing being close will be more important when it comes to cold winters and bad hangovers!
Oh, are you going on Thursday? I am :smile:
Reply 94
Yep will be at the open day! What have you applied for?
Maths. Looks as if we'll be among very very few who are going in 2009, looks as if it's aimed at 2010 applicants.
But I couldn't really justify spending the money on train tickets as I didn't know a year ago that I'd do so well in my AS levels :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending