The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Terry Acky
chains and rings? is this ocr salters?

I'm doing salters tomorrow too, theres a few threads around but its mainly full of new spec people.
Reply 21
Loz17
I'm doing salters tomorrow too, theres a few threads around but its mainly full of new spec people.

hey there, off topic but i see your doin mpharm, what did you put as your insurance
im having a hard time choosing, deadline is thursday :o:
Reply 22
Loz17

yup, mines a 2nd resit lol, went down on my first resit. good luck.
super'girl
hey there, off topic but i see your doin mpharm, what did you put as your insurance
im having a hard time choosing, deadline is thursday :o:

Hey, I didn;t choose an insurance, but I'm doing a gap year now coz of bad grades lol

I'm workng part time at a pharmacy though so its not all bad :smile: What choices do you have?

Also if you wanna chat,PM me coz this is spamming this thread.
Terry Acky
yup, mines a 2nd resit lol, went down on my first resit. good luck.

Hehe, this is my 2nd attempt. at the paper last question (coz this is so off topic :s-smilie:) What exam? I'm doing Natural resources. PM me if you want :smile:

Good luck to you too
Reply 25
How do you guys think Chains and Rings went? :smile:
Reply 26
how about foundation?

i think it went ok
thought foundation was ok, got the crystalised water thing wrong though, i said it was bonded but it wasnt.... do you include the water in the mass? also was the negative ion so4 (2-) trying to work out roughly how much i need in my other modules now!
MikeL230
How do you guys think Chains and Rings went? :smile:

It was pretty damn easy, I thought. They were basically taken from previous papers by the look of it.

Should be an easy A. How about you? :smile:
Reply 29
nesshawes91
thought foundation was ok, got the crystalised water thing wrong though, i said it was bonded but it wasnt.... do you include the water in the mass? also was the negative ion so4 (2-) trying to work out roughly how much i need in my other modules now!

yeah i got the same for the negative ion, i included the water in the mass, got something like 172.2, cant really remember exactly.
Reply 30
callum Honisett
It was pretty damn easy, I thought. They were basically taken from previous papers by the look of it.

Should be an easy A. How about you? :smile:

was a lovely paper. anyone do HFHF aswell? thought that was a bit harder
Reply 31
Ciaran

I did :smile:
It was ok. i couldnt do q2 though the 2mol to one mol thing....
Reply 32
Chains and Rings guys,what did you for the last question on the paper, reagents, conditions and draw the product I drew Propan-1-ol and propan-2-ol.
Reply 33
QE5
Chains and Rings guys,what did you for the last question on the paper, reagents, conditions and draw the product I drew Propan-1-ol and propan-2-ol.

i just wrote propan 1 ol and propan 2 ol and conditions + reagents are :
steam /H20 (g) H3PO4 catalyst and 300 degrees C, 80 atm.
Reply 34
Thanks for that, for the long written answer I wrote all about Fractional Distillation, then Cracking, reforming and Isomerisation, then ethanol can be regrown by plants and combustion equation, I needed extra paper to complete this answer, even though I am a grade E student in chemistry. What did you right about the oxidising agent, the fuctional group and what happens in the reaction?
Reply 35
Ciaran

I only did HFHF thought it was a great paper, not exactly easy but no real nasty questions in it, some of the past papers were tonnes harder. Still not sure how i did though, i can never really tell tbh :s-smilie:
Reply 36
QE5
Thanks for that, for the long written answer I wrote all about Fractional Distillation, then Cracking, reforming and Isomerisation, then ethanol can be regrown by plants and combustion equation, I needed extra paper to complete this answer, even though I am a grade E student in chemistry. What did you right about the oxidising agent, the fuctional group and what happens in the reaction?

yeh i wrote same as u for long answer.
umm which question was that? i think it was an ester functional group so O-C=O

oxidising agent of acidified potassium dichromate and colour change from orange to green. what u put?
Reply 37
I wrote alcohol - functional group
acidified Dichromate
Orange to green

I know my fuctional group is wrong, others in my college wrote carboxylic acid, so your answer probably is right. I completely messed up the structures on this question, didn't have a clue, what did you write for the number of isomers and why alkenes have cis and trans?
Reply 38
Hey guys i took the exam today thought it was pretty easy tbh but i messed up the no. of structural isomers i put 7 and 4 put it was 6 and 3 i think :frown:
Anyone else think there was like nooo space for the 13 marker grrrr had to squeeze it in
Reply 39
QE5
I wrote alcohol - functional group
acidified Dichromate
Orange to green

I know my fuctional group is wrong, others in my college wrote carboxylic acid, so your answer probably is right. I completely messed up the structures on this question, didn't have a clue, what did you write for the number of isomers and why alkenes have cis and trans?

no. of isomers was 5 for the first and 3 for the second, cis trans because double bond restricts rotation so each C in C=C can bond to two diff. groups.
what u put?

Latest