The Student Room Group

Would you still be a vegetarian/vegan if you swallowed?

On the one hand, sperm have a low chance of ever conceiving and thus they were never meant to be so may as well be used for nutrients.

On the other, it is eating part of an animal voluntarily (well, usually anyway)

And also just having the presence of semen in your mouth (to spit), does that class you as a vegetarian still as you've had part of an animal in your mouth?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have no input for this thread because I'm not a veg, but I already love where this is going.

:borat:
Reply 2
are you vegetarian if you breathe in 'germs' from the air?

lord.
Reply 3
lella_m

lord.

...Well yes because that is breathing, not digesting o___o
Reply 4
Is this an expression of a pointless need to label yourself?

There's no such thing as a vegan; it's all made up.
Reply 5
Giggidy Giggidy.
Reply 6
I posted this thread in Chat months ago and it was deleted.
Reply 7
Pawsies
...Well yes because that is breathing, not digesting o___o

what if you swallowed it from your food?
Reply 8
lella_m

lord.

Germs aren't animals :p:
Reply 9
Neither are sperms.
Reply 10
tommm
Germs aren't animals :p:

to me sperm and germs are the same thing...
Haha yes. Sperm aren't animals really, they're just cells from an animal, they couldn't survive outside the body on their own, your not killing them. That's like saying veggies should never cum/have sex.
Reply 12
Only if by 'swallowed' you mean the organ itself; probably not the best way to become popular.

I suppose vegans might take issue, but most vegans are that way on ethical grounds, and there are not many cases of battery-farming men.
Reply 13
Lots of vegetarians still wear leather and drink milk and stuff so I don't think It'd make you not a vegetarian. Even if you spat you're still 'killing' them.
Reply 14
:banghead:

*waits for the "Is it vegan to breastfeed your baby?" and "Is honey vegan?" threads.* :rolleyes:
...What inspired you to create this thread? Because im quite interested.. lol
Reply 16
I think in theory, proper vegans shouldn't. No problem for vegetarians, you're not actually eating an animal. But vegans avoid consuming any animal product, whether it's part of the animal itself or something it produces. So technically semen would be breaking the definition of vegan.

Saying that, it's a sensible exception to make since you've had consent. If they didn't make that exception then they should also be against breastfeeding, which I imagine most vegans aren't.
Reply 17
lella_m
to me sperm and germs are the same thing...

Well, sperm is the produce of an animal, which is forbidden under veganism, whereas germs aren't.
You must be so bored to think this up...
Hravan
:banghead:

*waits for the "Is it vegan to breastfeed your baby?" and "Is honey vegan?" threads.* :rolleyes:

honey isn't vegan as far as i've been told.....

Latest

Trending

Trending