The Student Room Group

Dear GCSE Examiner....

Dear GCSE Examiner

I have a couple of questions for you.

Why do I feel so pressurized by the media, parents, school and teachers to get nothing but A*s?

Why does it seem getting A is not good enough anymore?

Why do these exams mean so much for Universities which we will be going in 2 years time?

Why is it that I have 15 exams for just 9 subjects?

Don't you think this is a little to much for a 16 year old to handle? Surely you were a 16 year old too...

I study, study and study, but I am still nervous...

Life seems so unfair right now...

Yours Faithfully

-------------------

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
uk-education-blog
Dear GCSE Examiner

I have a couple od questions for you.

Why do I feel so pressurized by the media, parents, school and teachers to get nothing but A*s?

Why do these exams mean so much for Universities which we will be going in 2 years time?

Don't you think this is a little to much for a 16 year old to handle? Surely you were a 16 year old too...

Yours Faithfully

-------------------

I second this, some one please respond
Reply 2
uk-education-blog

Because you should always be striving to do your best; and you can't possibly do better than getting all A*s.

Don't be silly; an A is still a good grade.

They show how well-rounded you are as a student.

Because it's easier than cramming it all into 9 exams.

Don't you think this is a little to much for a 16 year old to handle?

No.

Surely you were a 16 year old too...

Actually, I graduated quickly from the age of 15 to 50.

Don't be.

It's not really — everybody else does the same.

Yours Faithfully

*sincerely
uk-education-blog
Dear GCSE Examiner

I have a couple od questions for you.

Yours Faithfully

-------------------

Nice story son.
Reply 4
I don't agree, and I'm your age.
BJack
*sincerely

It's "faithfully" if you don't know the person you're addressing, actually...
:smile:
Reply 6
cheer up!

after gcse, you will take a-levels, which are more difficult, and then you will go to uni which is even more difficult. so the worst is yet to come! enjoy!
Reply 7
uk-education-blog
Why do these exams mean so little for Universities which we will be going in 2 years time?

corrected it for you ;]
Unfinished Business

OWNED. :laugh:
Reply 9
goldsilvy
cheer up!

after gcse, you will take a-levels, which are more difficult, and then you will go to uni which is even more difficult. so the worst is yet to come! enjoy!

Thanks for the warning dudeee hope it comes in handy :biggrin:
Reply 10
Ben77mc
corrected it for you ;]

Not if you're planning on doing Law, Dentistry or Medicine. Don't get me wrong, they don't mean 'everything', but they certainly mean something.
Reply 11
Unfinished Business

:yep:
Reply 12
Unfinished Business

The letter seemed, since it started with "Dear GCSE examiner", to have a somewhat informal tone; hence "yours sincerely" seemed the more appropriate closing lines. :/
BJack
Because you should always be striving to do your best; and you can't possibly do better than getting all A*s.

Don't be silly; an A is still a good grade.

They show how well-rounded you are as a student.

Because it's easier than cramming it all into 9 exams.

No.

Actually, I graduated quickly from the age of 15 to 50.

Don't be.

It's not really everybody else does the same.

*sincerely

No the OP was right. It is Yours Faithfully :p:
You only use Yours Sincerely if you know the person you're sending the letter to's name
Reply 14
gcse's are easy. they are not "too much for 16 year olds too handle" get to a levels and you'll see why.
dont be nervous, it will have a neg impact on you exam score
Reply 15
Rainbow-Dream
No the OP was right. It is Yours Faithfully :p:
You only use Yours Sincerely if you know the person you're sending the letter to's name

You quoted my whole post just to say something that another person had already said?
BJack
The letter seemed, since it started with "Dear GCSE examiner", to have a somewhat informal tone; hence "yours sincerely" seemed the more appropriate closing lines. :/

You only use 'sincerely' if you know the person you're addressing even if it is informal
And 'faithfully' if you don't

Who knows, I'm sure I got it wrong in my exam today :smile:
BJack
You quoted my whole post just to say something that another person had already said?

I checked the post beforehand to see if someone else had already mentioned that, sorry if they had, however, it is probable that they clicked the quote button at the same time and had gotten to finish their message before me, in which case I had not seen that they had already posted that as I was typing out my response still. Either way, I did not intend to regurgitate what somebody else had just said

EDIT: I've just checked the thread and actually I did reply first. It was the other person who mentioned that after me :p:
Do you think if I do a Hollie Steel and breakdown in the exam room they'd give me a second chance to do the paper again? I am 16 years old after all - I'm young, leave me alone people!
Rainbow-Dream
I checked the post beforehand to see if someone else had already mentioned that, sorry if they had, however, it is probable that they clicked the quote button at the same time and had gotten to finish their message before me, in which case I had not seen that they had already posted that as I was typing out my response still. Either way, I did not intend to regurgitate what somebody else had just said

EDIT: I've just checked the thread and actually I did reply first. It was the other person who mentioned that after me :p:

Girrrrl you must type s l o w l y
13 minutes for a sentence? :p:

Latest