The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
fortunecookie
I've been in a couple of times for textiles because other wise I know I won't do any revision for it at all.
But I was wondering if people are going into school to do any revision or just sticking to it at home?
lol lucky for you lot you have an option. At our school we have to attend every single day. If we don't we get phone call home and if we miss loads of days they come home aswell. It is so annoying and plus if we have less than 97% attendence we can't go to the prom. :frown:

We get no study leave but have to go to school till 20th June then from 26th June till 2nd July for the sixth form induction days
Reply 21
I'm doing A-Levels but i'm not going it. The atmosphere is so tense and thus would find it distracting.
Jacinta_kid
I know! We have a "great" librarian who can't keep the place under control

Ours is the same as this. There are about 3 members of staff in there but the children still run riot. But when you come in to study she'll just bark 'Do your uniform up!'

Jacinta_kid
They don't care for people less than grade C? They don't put revision sessions on, Science had 2 revision sessions altogether, PE had none! And yet, one teacher rang my friend up in study leave, and asked her to go in and spent 2 hours with her doing poetry, and she didnt offer the revision class to anyone else!!

In some ways our school is so worried about their A-C. But on the other hand all of the lower pupils have loads of revision session (way more than us), more support in lessons and more support structuring revision and things.
It sounds stupid but we have this science miss and mr of the month. Its not a big deal, but everyone in the top sets get annoyed that each month it is someone who has improved a D to a C or something, yet people who consistently get A's or A*'s get no praise. This girl complained and she ended up it next month. But everyone is unhappy at how the higher people are expected to just get on with it.

Latest