The Student Room Group

Drum & Bass Society - Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
delete the &fmt=18 bit at the end of the youtube links
Reply 201
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLktKbQqIz8

A chilled DnB track from a legenadry House remixer.
Reply 202
I started off listening to hip hop, and loved the beats with high pitched soul samples. My favourite hip hop producers include Just Blaze, The Alchemist, DJ Premier and The Heatmakerz. I think this is why I like Danny Byrd's work so much. His vocal chops are more complex than anything I've ever heard in hip hop.
Reply 203
Feet Won't Touch The Ground
beecher

SPL is the man!!!!

n0c0ntr0l

I love the drumming in this, dunno why.

OMG YESSSSSssssssss :woo:

Your taste is awesome!

Try these ones on:

n0c0ntr0l
Your taste is awesome!

Try these ones on:

many thanks! i haven't listened to calyx in some time, so cheers for bringing the memories back :smile: that konflict track is an absolute classic. never heard the noisia varation before though, sounds nice and fresh. and of course, spl is always a winner. have you heard his dubstep before? sometimes i think i prefer it to his dnb (sshhhh, don't tell), but he hasn't released much. i prefer him much more as a dj than as a producer though. i saw him at therapy sessions and i nearly wet my pants. dnb + gabber kicks + dubstep interludes substituted for drops = heaven. try and find his hollowpoint recordings podcasts if you're interested!

aand to conclude, here's another for all you lovely bassheads:
temper d - techno prisoners (dean rodell remix)
dementedbunny
many thanks! i haven't listened to calyx in some time, so cheers for bringing the memories back :smile: that konflict track is an absolute classic. never heard the noisia varation before though, sounds nice and fresh. and of course, spl is always a winner. have you heard his dubstep before? sometimes i think i prefer it to his dnb (sshhhh, don't tell), but he hasn't released much. i prefer him much more as a dj than as a producer though. i saw him at therapy sessions and i nearly wet my pants. dnb + gabber kicks + dubstep interludes substituted for drops = heaven. try and find his hollowpoint recordings podcasts if you're interested!

aand to conclude, here's another for all you lovely bassheads:
temper d - techno prisoners (dean rodell remix)

SPL got me into dubstep. I listened to his dubstep (and I was a dubstep hater) but then I thought it was awesome.

The ones to really see dj'ing though are black sun empire. They come up with some of the funkiest sets, e.g. hardware in june. That night was amazing though.
Reply 209
n0c0ntr0l
SPL got me into dubstep. I listened to his dubstep (and I was a dubstep hater) but then I thought it was awesome.

The ones to really see dj'ing though are black sun empire. They come up with some of the funkiest sets, e.g. hardware in june. That night was amazing though.

Speaking of which, 30th of august here in Bristol...

MAIN ARENA
SCRATCH PERVERTS (90 MINS)
DJ MARKY (90MINS)
RUSKO
FRICTION
SHY FX
BLACK SUN EMPIRE
NERO
VENT
MARVEL

HOSTED BY EKSMAN, IC3, STAMINA, ROD AZLAN, EVIL B, DREAD

ACADEMY 2
TAXMAN
BREAK
DC BREAKS
BLACK SUN EMPIRE (DUB STEP SET)
GEMMY - PURPLE WOW
L-WHILE
STANLEY
KALLISTA

HOSTED BY CARASEL, TEXAS, MOONIE, REMIDY

BSE drum & bass AND dubstep set. Oh, and my two favourite DJs (Marky and Friction) and my one of my absolute favourite producers (Break). Can't wait.
Anae
Speaking of which, 30th of august here in Bristol...

MAIN ARENA
SCRATCH PERVERTS (90 MINS)
DJ MARKY (90MINS)
RUSKO
FRICTION
SHY FX
BLACK SUN EMPIRE
NERO
VENT
MARVEL

HOSTED BY EKSMAN, IC3, STAMINA, ROD AZLAN, EVIL B, DREAD

ACADEMY 2
TAXMAN
BREAK
DC BREAKS
BLACK SUN EMPIRE (DUB STEP SET)
GEMMY - PURPLE WOW
L-WHILE
STANLEY
KALLISTA

HOSTED BY CARASEL, TEXAS, MOONIE, REMIDY

BSE drum & bass AND dubstep set. Oh, and my two favourite DJs (Marky and Friction) and my one of my absolute favourite producers (Break). Can't wait.

BTW, I'm coming for that, just to let you know.
Reply 211
n0c0ntr0l
BTW, I'm coming for that, just to let you know.

Oh sweet! Would be cool to say hi. Remind me nearer the time.
Reply 212
Went to global last weekend and gotta say Chase & Status had another amazing set. There new track Nneka - heartbeat (c&s remix) is the tune of the summer.. And subfocus- Rock it ... definetly the most overplayed track of the summer... not sure where this is going.. does anyone out there mix DNB? as i play house and DNB is impossible to mix to me?
Reply 213
Sharpy09
Went to global last weekend and gotta say Chase & Status had another amazing set. There new track Nneka - heartbeat (c&s remix) is the tune of the summer.. And subfocus- Rock it ... definetly the most overplayed track of the summer... not sure where this is going.. does anyone out there mix DNB? as i play house and DNB is impossible to mix to me?

Use the snares to beatmatch. You probably use the kicks in house, so the change will take a little getting used to. D&B is a little harder due to syncopation and breakbeats, but it isn't all that different really.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNsXHVeQv3g
better then calvin harris, but then thats not hard:h:
Sharpy09

i don't mix dnb but heaps of my friends do. apparently it's easy: just match the snares :smile: there's usually a snare on the 2nd and 4th beat in a bar since dnb is based on the same amen pattern.
Just got Mistabishi - Drop and it's incredible. I love White Collar Grime.
Reply 217
dementedbunny
i don't mix dnb but heaps of my friends do. apparently it's easy: just match the snares :smile: there's usually a snare on the 2nd and 4th beat in a bar since dnb is based on the same amen pattern.

Actually, in an amen the snare is half a beat before the 4th beat. In a normal 2-step beat, though, yes, it's on the 4th beat.
Anae
Actually, in an amen the snare is half a beat before the 4th beat. In a normal 2-step beat, though, yes, it's on the 4th beat.

hahah thank you, i've always thought otherwise :p:
Reply 219

Quick Reply

Latest