The Student Room Group

Drum & Bass Society - Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1880
Original post by Reflexive
nah man essex. did you do that remix?

thats a shame. nope haha I wish. your mention of vocals and jungle drums reminded me of feelings is all..
Original post by buzzcat
thats a shame. nope haha I wish. your mention of vocals and jungle drums reminded me of feelings is all..

ahh yea wikkid tune man, love it :smile:
Reply 1883
Saw Aries last night here in Bristol for a jungle set :smile: what an absolute jungle legend.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1884

Anyone feeling this at all?

I feel for friction just for the amount of dislike this has got, i feel most of the comments rate it on Shogun Records releases. Im personally judging it how i hear it, im not a massive fan of Friction as an artist, has the odd tune hear an there, but its an alright sounding tune, if i heard it in a mix or in a club i wouldnt be like the youtube comments presented in this link, but vibe to it still, im generally puzzled by the reaction i saw in this video.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by MrJoeyUK
Saw Aries last night here in Bristol for a jungle set :smile: what an absolute jungle legend.

aaaaaaaiiiiiiii i love a good jungle rave up, so much more variation in the drums
Reply 1886
Original post by Reflexive
aaaaaaaiiiiiiii i love a good jungle rave up, so much more variation in the drums

There was also Dave Boomah on the P.A.. that dude is cool. :redface: he kinda sung 'on the run' too much though :tongue:

But yeah.. think I might have to get myself to more jungle raves. Much more interesting than the usual boring liquid stuff I have to endure. needs more neurofunk at night outs too.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1887
Original post by Blame

Anyone feeling this at all?

I feel for friction just for the amount of dislike this has got, i feel most of the comments rate it on Shogun Records releases. Im personally judging it how i hear it, im not a massive fan of Friction as an artist, has the odd tune hear an there, but its an alright sounding tune, if i heard it in a mix or in a club i wouldnt be like the youtube comments presented in this link, but vibe to it still, im generally puzzled by the reaction i saw in this video.

I think it's decent. Yeah, seems like people are overreacting. Agree about it being an alright sounding tune, I personally like Friction as a DJ, and he has his share of good tracks too IMO.
Looking at the comments it's just a negative reaction to a perceived mainstream sound, especially because it's not the kind of music he usually makes. Think they all need to chill out tbh, there'd be a lot less rage if it was some randomer's track as opposed to Frictions...
Reply 1888
I feel the need to share this.. this thread needs more neurofunk.

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1889

heavyheavyheavyheavy
Anyone hear Russian dolls by Intraspekt on the latest Hospital democast? Brilliant song.

This is his soundcloud check it out
Can I post Bassline here?
Original post by 2ndClass
Can I post Bassline here?

Depends if its good......
Reply 1895
Has anyone here actually seen Amon Tobin live?

Reply 1896
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1897
good lord feast your eyes on this!

month long rave in its own republic/massive ukranian orgy in the black sea

(NSFW)

http://www.vice.com/music-world/raving-in-the-black-sea

relevant tune titles:

Reply 1899
Yeah sweet. Love d&b :wink:

Anyone going to the drum & bass awards '12?

Quick Reply