The Student Room Group

Drum & Bass Society - Thread

Pendulum - Tarantula FTW <3

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ColyTom
Pendulum - Tarantula FTW <3

Get out.

Just kidding, you can stay, but only if you go away & listen to some proper dnb. :smile:
lol Pendulum too mainstream for turn DnB

what about the sound of the jungle
Reply 3
Hey dicks, what about NEUROFUNK!!!

Black sun empire
Noisia
Phace
Spor!
Reply 5
high contrast
blame, chase and status pretty good

chase and status live :coma:
Reply 7
n0c0ntr0l
Hey dicks, what about NEUROFUNK!!!

Black sun empire
Noisia
Phace
Spor!

Spor is brilliant, Silver Spaceman is absolutely amazing! And I still rinse Phace - Cold Champagne and Noisia - Crank :smile:

robinson999
lol Pendulum too mainstream for turn DnB

what about the sound of the jungle

Nothing to do with 'too mainstream', it's just that their most recent stuff isn't really DnB. They seem to have realised where they went wrong though, a couple of people are playing an unfinished track by them that is really sick!
Reply 8
Far too much hospital in here. Anyone like to get down in the real dark stuff? Gein, Corrupt Souls, misanthdrop? Anyone at all?
Anae
Spor is brilliant, Silver Spaceman is absolutely amazing! And I still rinse Phace - Cold Champagne and Noisia - Crank :smile:

Nothing to do with 'too mainstream', it's just that their most recent stuff isn't really DnB. They seem to have realised where they went wrong though, a couple of people are playing an unfinished track by them that is really sick!

they tried to go the wrong way, some called it very prodigy like

seem them live, they are good the old stuff, but seen better

That's the good stuff right there!
Reply 11
i prefer the chillout stuff!!
robinson999
blame, chase and status pretty good

chase and status live :coma:

I like Pieces

"IrememberwhenIusedtofeelsomethin!"
Jungle for me.

Bad Company - The Nine nicely sums up my dnb taste
Reply 14
n0c0ntr0l
Far too much hospital in here. Anyone like to get down in the real dark stuff? Gein, Corrupt Souls, misanthdrop? Anyone at all?

I do like it a lot, but probably the more 'crossover' artists, Noisia, Phace, BSE etc. Definitely like to get my screwface on, but when it starts moving into weirder 'scary' territory I'm not really feeling it. If I want weird, I'll go deep :wink: instra:mental, d-bridge etc.
oh and Pendulum are good, it pisses me off when people are like "meh meh meh they've gone all mainstream, they're in the charts, not real dnb meh meh meh" They sound good, that's all that matters.
Reply 16
lucy89
i prefer the chillout stuff!!

My mate has some sick chill out mixes that he's made.

Try this one:

http://music.cloudfactory.org/oodex/oodex-dj-beeker.mp3

It's jump up and jazzy, but he mixed it quite well. I'll post the rest when I get home, cause they are pretty amazing.
Reply 18
n0c0ntr0l
My mate has some sick chill out mixes that he's made.

Try this one:

http://music.cloudfactory.org/oodex/oodex-dj-beeker.mp3

It's jump up and jazzy, but he mixed it quite well. I'll post the rest when I get home, cause they are pretty amazing.

Sounds good cheers! :smile:
Reply 19
tropical-twist3
oh and Pendulum are good, it pisses me off when people are like "meh meh meh they've gone all mainstream, they're in the charts, not real dnb meh meh meh" They sound good, that's all that matters.

Except a lot of it doesn't. Deathly boring drums, the same synth noises, the same whiny singing put through the same effects. They do have a great ear for a catchy lead section and they have technically excellent production, so I'm really pleased they've evidently started to get a bit bored.

Edit:
n0c0ntr0l

That's the good stuff right there!

You would not believe how well Cold Champagne mixes with just about ANYTHING. I love that track.

Quick Reply

Latest