The Student Room Group

Intermediate 2 Chemistry-Post Exam

How did everyone find it? I think it went fairly well except for a few questions. For example for the polystyrene question I said that it would be good to use for the experiment as it would not react with the chemicals but apparently the answer was that it was a good insulator. Meh, they're mostly only one markers anyway so it shouldn't be a big deal. Hope you all did well!

NO MORE EXAMS LEFT :woo:
Reply 1
Yeah I thought it was a really decent paper, I was ecstatic to see some of the questions were taken directly out of past papers!:eek: Like the uric acid one. Multiple choice was really easy, which I was surprised at. Funnily enough my friend put the same answer as you for the insulator quesiton :yes: But overall a good paper, quite confident I got an A :cool:

Oh, and congratulations on no more exams! Me too, it feels like a giant weight's been taken off my shoulders :biggrin:
Reply 2
i thought there was a alot of random questions which where more problem solving than chemistry tbh
Reply 3
Yeah, I was really shocked when I saw that a ton of the questions were identical to past paper ones. I'm pretty sure I got an A but I don't really want to get my hopes up in case I didn't. Multiple choice was kind of a joke though. Some of those questions like the noble gases one were just ridiculously easy. Also, for that polystyrene question, I'm pretty sure there'll be multiple possible answers because I can't imagine that with such a vague question they would only allow one option.
Reply 4
what was the reaction that takes place when the sodium hydroxide removed the carbon dioxide from the air ?

:s-smilie:
Reply 5
Uhh, was it not neutralisation or something? I can't really remember that question.
I found the graph with the atomic numbers and boiling points quite odd...
Reply 7
guys! apparently there was 3 mistakes in the paper! there was one in the multiple choice (one of the carbon atoms had 3 bonds instead of 4) and another 2 mistakes elsewhere! so either the SQA give everyone three extra marks or they just reduce the total marks available from 80 to 77...
Reply 8
pigeon123
guys! apparently there was 3 mistakes in the paper! there was one in the multiple choice (one of the carbon atoms had 3 bonds instead of 4) and another 2 mistakes elsewhere! so either the SQA give everyone three extra marks or they just reduce the total marks available from 80 to 77...

Carbon can have 3 bonds in certain circumstances. Where were the other two mistakes and where did you hear this?
Reply 9
Dj-Dark-1
Carbon can have 3 bonds in certain circumstances. Where were the other two mistakes and where did you hear this?

my teacher told us.. i'm not entirely sure where the other two were, but i am sure that the question said something along the lines of "the alkene (whatever) is shown below, blahh"
i'll try to get my hands on a spare paper, have another look..

Latest

Trending

Trending