The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'll start then
Ive watched news clips, gone over bits of grammar including the imperfect and passive!
Reply 2
Rien?
Reply 3
Nothing, oh come on guys, ill rep y'all!
past papers mostly :smile:
Reply 5
02sd2607
What are you all doing to prepare, lets share tips and advice guys :smile:

How did you find it?

I thought the examiners were being nice this year. It was easier than the AS listening exam in my opinion. But sometimes it can be decptively easy...but the general opinion was that it was okay.It could have been far worse.

:woo:
Reply 6
Pezza18
How did you find it?

I thought the examiners were being nice this year. It was easier than the AS listening exam in my opinion. But sometimes it can be decptively easy...but the general opinion was that it was okay.It could have been far worse.

:woo:

Yeah I thought it was alright! The listening was good. I was a bit suprised by the two different texts in the reading section coz I don't think they've ever done that before, but why not! Just checking: there were only two French sentences which you had to finish, weren't there? U know, the last exercise on the reading section. Coz whilst walking home after the exam, I was thinking how strange that was, as in most of the past papers I've done there was a big long exercise with like 10 French sentences to finish, so I got all worried that I may have missed out a page! So please pleaaaase tell me there were only two sentences!!
I didn't really like the writing section, because I thought the text about this battle field (can't remember what it was called, something beginning with A...) was just sooo boring! Not particularly hard, but just not interesting at all imo... so I was kinda struggling to write something exciting on the last question, where u have to give ur opinion. And I wrote underneath at the end that I thought the English text was well boring, and asked the examiner to be nice with marking the paper as it's my bday today =) all in French, of course.
But yeah, all in all it was alright I guess!
Reply 7
I didnt think it was too bad, although some parts of the police text were difficult but I liked the listening!
You know the 2 finish the sentence exercises - what did you put for the answers.
Also the 3 words that you had to express in your own words - what did you put for those
I liked the reading and writing. The first listening was ok but I left a couple on the second. Do you know what you put for the 2nd listening exercise?
Reply 9
I cant even remember something about the elections...
Awesome paper for me. There was the occasional bit that I found a bit dodgy, but overall I thought it was generous and a lot better than some quite frankly hideous past papers I'd done as revision.

I can't remember what I put for the one above it, but for 'des elections' I wrote 'des elections se passeront bientot' because it said they would be in a few months.
Reply 11
i got stuck on the second listening question about "reprocher" it means reproach in english, but even so, i had to look up the meaning in the dictionary.
The answer to that one was that there isn't enough space in retirement homes and they're too expensive, right?
Reply 13
was it definitely that the elections were in a few months? because I thought the general gist was that all the factors would trigger a chain reaction with the elections coming up. So I put that the elections could cause problems...
I put vont subir aux problemes?
I looked at it in a different way and said that the situation in the suburbs could cause problems, and that the election was approaching. Meh, I dunno. They might be a bit lenient on that one.
Reply 16
i think that was the right answer. i put that the elections will last for a few months, MY BAD! haha. ahh well.
monty2009
was it definitely that the elections were in a few months? because I thought the general gist was that all the factors would trigger a chain reaction with the elections coming up. So I put that the elections could cause problems...

I put both, so I wrote that the elections will take place in a few months AND that they might cause problems in the suburbs, just to be on the safe side =) I always tend to write too much though, and can never fit everything I want to say/write on the space provided!
Reply 18
God the more I think about this paper the more I worry. I just know that a lot of the answers I put thinking that they couldn't possible be wrong, probably turned out to be wrong. I think that's the hardest part about this paper, I understood pretty much everything in the texts and listening, but trying to answer the questions is still really hard since I don't know what piece of information they want!
Reply 19
monty2009
God the more I think about this paper the more I worry. I just know that a lot of the answers I put thinking that they couldn't possible be wrong, probably turned out to be wrong. I think that's the hardest part about this paper, I understood pretty much everything in the texts and listening, but trying to answer the questions is still really hard since I don't know what piece of information they want!

Yeh, i'm the same. You can understand everything, but the examiners are so picky that you never know if your picking the right info. Damn french exams!

Latest