The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Bax-man
The thing is, it wasn't talking about government policy.

47/60 for an A is quite reasonable. It's, what, 78 per cent or so?

true but increases in aggregate demand are sometimes cause by expansionary policies...
dnt scare me.. please say some1 else spoke about expansionary policies
Reply 81
what mark will you need to get 300/300. do you actually need ALL the marks?
Reply 82
It was just taxation and that was brilliant. what about the question starting the government wants to reduce demand ..........?
Reply 83
michelle_mishmash
true but increases in aggregate demand are sometimes cause by expansionary policies...

I mentioned them in one of my final paragraphs - it depends on what caused AD to increase. It wasn't the basis of my whole essay though..
Reply 84
sav1234
what mark will you need to get 300/300. do you actually need ALL the marks?

300/300?!

You usually don't need ALL the marks to get 100% UMS.
Adam92
I mentioned them in one of my final paragraphs - it depends on what caused AD to increase. It wasn't the basis of my whole essay though..

yh yh.. i spoke about it quite a bit thought maybe too much :s. oo no im scared now!!!. then agian ive doen the exam n got the gyst of the last question.. so hopefully the examiner will understand what i meant....
Reply 86
The problem i had was the first and last question :frown:
Reply 87
michelle_mishmash
yh yh.. i spoke about it quite a bit thought maybe too much :s. oo no im scared now!!!. then agian ive doen the exam n got the gyst of the last question.. so hopefully the examiner will understand what i meant....

The question was ultimately asking how output, inflation and unemployment is affected by aggregate demand increasing. There is probably some scope to talk about government policy, it shouldn't really be the focus I don't think.
Reply 88
michelle_mishmash

I wrote about it in my opening paragraph, saying that these policies can cause AD to rise, along with a definition of AD. You need to put in simple stuff to get level 1 and 2 before achieving levels 3 and 4. Did everyone outline and introduce the essay this way?
Reply 89
NAJC
I wrote about it in my opening paragraph, saying that these policies can cause AD to rise, along with a definition of AD. You need to put in simple stuff to get level 1 and 2 before achieving levels 3 and 4. Did everyone outline and introduce the essay this way?

I introduced it with a definition, and the AD identity.
Reply 90
Adam92
I introduced it with a definition, and the AD identity.

Yeah, did that as well AD=C+I+G+(X-M)
If I wrote 10/7 for the PED calculation instead of 4.2 do u think I will lose a mark ? As all the other estimates were to 1dp ?
Reply 92
sunilbartan
If I wrote 10/7 for the PED calculation instead of 4.2 do u think I will lose a mark ? As all the other estimates were to 1dp ?

PED question?
You'll get one mark for 10/7. I'm confused where you got 4.2 from as the answer is (-)0.7
Reply 93
Just wondering what did people write for the question near the beginning using fig1 with the unemployment rates using the low and high claimant count and ILO version question where you had to compare?

Also the question on the data, fig2 where you had to compare balance of payments position?
Reply 94
jkkk32
Just wondering what did people write for the question near the beginning using fig1 with the unemployment rates using the low and high claimant count and ILO version question where you had to compare?

Also the question on the data, fig2 where you had to compare balance of payments position?

The claimant count and ILo disagreed with each other......
In their respective regions with highest u/e rate, Russia's region had a greater u/e rate.

Russia had current account surplus whearas uk, us had deficit.
As such made a positive contribution to gdp.
Russia's current account made the second highest contribution to gdp
Reply 95
For the inflation costs, I wrote about loss of international competiveness and the shoeleather and menu costs. What did people put for the factors that affect consumer expenditure and the reduction in income tax? By the way, the question on the components of AD were such easy marks.
Reply 96
For the questions on the components of AD did we literally just to have to state them or explain them? it was only one mark so hope that was fine

For inflation costs i put menu costs and fiscal drag, you could have put a number of different things though

For the factors that afect consumer expenditure, i put lower interest rates and confidence as the two reasons. Not sure i did enough to get the three marks on each though. You could have put many different reasons though.
Reply 97
jkkk32
For the questions on the components of AD did we literally just to have to state them or explain them? it was only one mark so hope that was fine

For inflation costs i put menu costs and fiscal drag, you could have put a number of different things though

For the factors that afect consumer expenditure, i put lower interest rates and confidence as the two reasons. Not sure i did enough to get the three marks on each though. You could have put many different reasons though.

I went for lower interest rates and something else ...
Reply 98
what did you write for the 18 mark essay??

and for effectiveness of supply side policy? do we get marks for at first mentioning how the supply side policy improved the balance of payments, not just marks for effectiveness, as i had barely any evaluative points?
Reply 99
jkkk32
what did you write for the 18 mark essay??

and for effectiveness of supply side policy? do we get marks for at first mentioning how the supply side policy improved the balance of payments, not just marks for effectiveness, as i had barely any evaluative points?

I wrote about labour market reforms - training, education, trade unions and their effect on net exports. I spoke about the time lag, labour market is constantly changing, etc. I probably should have focused more on the Balance of Payments to be honest, I looked at the policy more than the actual balance of payments itself.

Latest