The Student Room Group

Geography or not?

I am currently in lower sixth studying biology, psychology, drama and geography. I think I want to study geography at university but I am having doubts about my decision. I also can't decide between Birmingham, Brighton, Bristol, Durham, Exeter, Lancaster, Loughborough or Manchester.
I was wondering if anyone could tell me why they decided on geography and if they enjoy the course at any of those universities?
Reply 1
Any of those places would provide you with a good degree in Geography. From a grade requirement point of view Manchester Bristol Durham would certainly expect AAA the others would be anything from AAB to BBB.
You need to decide whether you like 'campus' style or 'city' style unis, you can only do that by visiting. It's a very personal decision and no-one else will respond in exactly the same way as you. Go and visit Loughborogh - a good example of a campus uni and then perhaps Bristol as a city type one initially, but frankly all of them would be a good choice. Actually, not sure about Brighton - do you mean Sussex?(Sussex is the old, original uni - good for Geog, whereas Brighton - new uni, not really in the same league)
Reply 2
But why did you pick geography? Sussex I think.
Reply 3
I am a Geog teacher of many years standing. I picked it because it was the most enjoyable subject, it was varied, geographers tend to be a lively and interesting group of people and my teacher at school inspired me!

Latest

Trending

Trending