Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Who needs three bank accounts at 16 :O
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have one bank account. I put money in, I take money out.
    That's all I need :P
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impervious)
    Who needs three bank accounts at 16 :O
    Laundering all that drug money is not as easy as some make it out to be :ninja:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have an ISA (which is never used!) and a normal bank account both with Abbey.

Have no idea if they're any good! :p:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tobycs)
    Basically I want to set up a new set of bank accounts as I am sick of my current ones. What I need is a visa debit account, savings account, and isa account with good online access, good security, check book prefered but no neccessary, good reputable interest rates (they don't have to be brilliant now but they were good before the credit crunch)
    Barclays. I had all those things at 16 with Barclays. Never had any problems. Four years on and I've an overdraft of £450 despite not working and not being in university. Really, they're the best bank to be with.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've got a pretty epic one with the Yorkshire. 4.5% interest. There might be a catch though, my dad set it up for me about Feb so chances are it's gone now after the April change.
    Which isn't very useful, sorry.

I think barclays have a good debit account. I'm with HSBC but they're terrible for 16 to 18, 0.01% or something **** like that. Really need to move to Barclays.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm with Alliance & Leicester. If you sign up to their Premier 21 Current Account you get 8% Fixed for the first year on the first £1000 you put into the account. The interest is paid monthly, you get all your debit card cheque book and online banking stuff and they usually give you a savings account with it. Also if you sign up and recommend it to a friend, you both get £25 straight into your account.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    llyods because sometimes you get these random vouchers for like money off hmv and stuff.if your into that kind of thing:p:
    xxx
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    current account with the bank your parents and any older siblings bank with ...

has come in very useful that has .... when they realise that that if they piss you off they risk loosing 100 -200K in deposits yearly ( if everyone in the family changed banks even if you aren't mega earners)

savings /ISA - put your savings in a Mutual - YorkshireBS/ Nationwide/ Britannia are the big three when it comes to mutuals - as the mutuals act in the interest of their savers and borrowers not their shareholders
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    The FSA have a search engine you can use to compare banks here
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the help

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 6, 2009
New on TSR

Have a UCAS application question?

Post it in our dedicated forum

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.