The Student Room Group
Hexasol
I'm fine on the second section, but with the poems i've been told to do an ISLAG method

I - Interpretation
S- Structure
L - Language
A - Attitude
G - Good Response

But what about if it's just about language techniques or structure techniques? Or even on the title relationshop with the poem? Anyone else have different planning method? Help appreciated :smile:

Erm...what I tend to do is write a list with 1 poem on the left-hand side, the other on the right.
Then I compare all the similarities and differences between the poems - including techniques for language and structure. An example could be the fact that 1 poem has no punctuation which suggests...but the other poem has lots of punctuation...if that makes sense.
Hope this helps, if you have any more questions, just ask and I'll try to answer them
Reply 2
mays013
Erm...what I tend to do is write a list with 1 poem on the left-hand side, the other on the right.
Then I compare all the similarities and differences between the poems - including techniques for language and structure. An example could be the fact that 1 poem has no punctuation which suggests...but the other poem has lots of punctuation...if that makes sense.

yeh i do that too

it really helps when writing out your answer as you can keep looking back at your plan to check if you've covered everything
girlbiker
yeh i do that too

it really helps when writing out your answer as you can keep looking back at your plan to check if you've covered everything

Yeah, it does. I found it ok today, better than I thought it was going to be. I liked the questions in Section A, I did the first one but they were both nice!

Latest