The Student Room Group
battyboypowell
WHATS IT LIKE. i mean i work in safeways and i was wondering what are they like to work for and stuff

I had an interview there yesterday. hopefully ill get it as the pay is good.

18+ = £5ph
16+ = £4.48

Plus extra if you work sunday.

Not bad eh.
I used to work for morrisons ..

What do you want to know? :smile:

If you want to know my views I'd say f*ck them..

The work is pretty physical esp. if you are on groceries, IE, taking the heavy pellets out onto the shop floor so the shelves can be stacked, this is after the store closes, I had days where sweat was literally dripping off my forehead, grrr..

The managers will prolly treat you like s*1t, generally they treat their employees badly, IMO..

Errm, I'd say get a job in a posh hotel, thats what Iim doing anyway ..
Plus the girls will be worth trying it on with as well.. :wink:
If you're looking for fit girls, DONT work for Morrisions, the girls are *mingers* :eek: :biggrin:
Reply 3
There are a few girls in my store who are quite fit. Most of the mingers smoke in my place.
Reply 4
what the hell, probably the biggest generalisation, jsut because somebody smokes they are a minger? There is definitely nice birds who work at the morrisons here, quite frustrating though when i get seen buyin my fhm or maxim magazine
Reply 5
durhamlad1
what the hell, probably the biggest generalisation, jsut because somebody smokes they are a minger? There is definitely nice birds who work at the morrisons here, quite frustrating though when i get seen buyin my fhm or maxim magazine

Hope you get staff discount on it.

Believe it or not, the smokers are mainly mingers.
Reply 6
Ive had the misfortune of working for this shitty company. Ill summarise my experience:

You get treated like absolute rubbish
I got put on the till, and they constantly watched over us because they thought everyone was stealing money.
You dont get paid enough.
All the managers are on power trips. They are all the typical " Northern-commoner", with a really patranising leadership style.

I worked for them for 3 weeks, and then quit. Avoid them like the plague.
Reply 7
SinghFello

I worked for them for 3 weeks, and then quit. Avoid them like the plague.

Oh Ive worked for them for 11 months.
Reply 8
I had a couple mates working at doncaster morissons..and i was told the managers/supervisers treated everyone like sh*te... end of the day its a job just stick it through if money is needed. its just life...we keep hearing how succesful a business morrisons are but you never hear in the media the employees get treated like poo...or I havent heard it at least... i dunno but for example asda seems to have a god rep about treating theor staff...although ive never worked in either so im just saying what ive heard