The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey :smile: i am not ready for spanish but its probably my best subject, only really started studying today, but i find it really hard to study for a language :frown:
im hoping for future plans to come up as i did my speaking presentation on it :smile: its also not came up in a while :smile: id like either that or family/friends :smile:
xox
Reply 2
Hardly prepared - eeek. Although they give you bags of time so its not hard to russell something up xD.

Holidays or Home Area or School would be nice. For the DW - just standard school trip away to spain would be fine!
Reply 3
I started "revising" today, but |I really cant be bothered. Its a language what can u really do?

The only thing that worries me is if the Diredted writing has spanish people coming to Scotland rather than usgoing there.
Reply 4
I started studying about ten minutes ago lol.
Just rewriting short essays and learning a few Directed Writings.
Then I'm gonna watch Pan's Labyrinth :biggrin:

Good luck everyone! :o:
Reply 5
Hoping that health comes up, or even technology - definitely don't want it to be home, school or friends. But the last 2 years they did holiday and home, so that's not too bad.
Reply 6
If they do the advantages of living in Scotland for the essay I may kill myself.
Mind you, they did that for French so I doubt they will.
I'm not too bothered about any other topic :p:
Reply 7
School would be good! If its health I will kill my self!
Reply 8
I am surprisingly releaxed about it. I think its the nerves of having not revisied being cancelled out by the fact that its my last exam.

I am going to do a listening now then, sit and listen to spanish radio or something, its kind of hard to revise.

I am really hoping its school or free time. I struggle more on what to say in english for these topics than writing the spanish its self
Reply 9
"Luck" is the key word in Higher Spanish. If you don't get a good essay topic or perhaps a hard spanish accent then you are screwed.

I hate the feeling of being stranded not be able to understand the listening and with only one run through left....
Reply 10
What can you say about school?
Reply 11
DM91
What can you say about school?

Subjects you are doing / did, extra-curricular activities, sports, opinion of teachers, school food, what the school is like, favourite subjects - Fantastic topic

What can you say about health?
Reply 12
Health was such a large topic, we broke it down into 3 sections: diet/exercise, smoking & drugs. How often you exercise, your diet, ways to keep fit, peer pressure with drugs etc., obsession with dieting and the effects. We're one of, if not the, fattest country in Europe - something will come to mind :tongue:
Reply 13
How did you guys find it? :smile:
i didnt think it was that bad

the reading was good

the lo haremos threw me int the translation

directed writing i said i went to Benidorm and they i couldnt think of a day trip so i just said i went to the bull-ring

listening was ok - couldnt understand what the very first question was =)) but im glad i worked out that la semana que viene was next week :biggrin: (well the week which is coming :wink:)

essay - think stress was the last thing i would ever think to come up ever. kind of made it a health essay

overall not bad seeing as it was a crash higher
think i should get a good B maybe even a low A :wink:
Reply 15
hey it seemed fine :P
reading - easier french and the french was pretty straightforward
directed writing - couldnt have hoped for a better one to come up really, just basic
listening - seemed fine too, looked at teachers answers afterwards and i seemed to have done fine, maybe losing a mark or two
opinions essay - stress?! hopefully ok, managed to write all i could on such a dull topic, just a rant about our lives :p:

xox
Reply 16
Reading was really easy, only used dictionary about three times.
Directed Writing was same as always, pretty much.
Translation was pretty straightforward, what did people get for 'el sacar su carné' and 'lo haremos'?
Listening was easier than I was expecting since I'm crashing Spanish this year.
Short essay topic was a pain, I just waffled.
Hopefully a good mark. (yn)
i think 'lo haremos' meant 'we will do it' and 'el sacar su carne' was 'getting their driving licence' or something
Reply 18
I put 'passing their driving test' because my dictionary said sacarse el carnet = to pass a driving test. I put we'll make it for 'lo haremos'... something like 'We have to put an end to this tragedy and we'll make it, because young people are our future.' Sound familiar? :s-smilie:
yeah that does sound familiar :smile:
i couldnt find anything for haremos so i guessed it meant move on :P
it kinda worked although its wrong

Latest

Trending

Trending