The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
JustSparkle
Btw do they count as well for the final grade...its not separate is it??

nope its not separate (N)
i sooo wish my school had done the separate science GCSEs, because im muchh better at chem and phys than i am at biology, so its going to bring the grade down ¬¬. id rather have a fail in bio and two A*s in chemistry and physics!
becca-x
nope its not separate (N)
i sooo wish my school had done the separate science GCSEs, because im muchh better at chem and phys than i am at biology, so its going to bring the grade down ¬¬. id rather have a fail in bio and two A*s in chemistry and physics!

omg Saaaaaaame!!!
Reply 62
Considering I got my biology teacher and my cousin to teach me chemistry during half term, I think I didn't do too badly!

Thankfully emperical formula came up (as that's practically the only equation bar balancing and relative mass I can do!)

Only I didn't know what a precipitate was...oops

I'm suprised how many people found it hard though.
I thought it was quite easy compared to some past papers I've done.
cessie21
Considering I got my biology teacher and my cousin to teach me chemistry during half term, I think I didn't do too badly!

Thankfully emperical formula came up (as that's practically the only equation bar balancing and relative mass I can do!)

Only I didn't know what a precipitate was...oops

I'm suprised how many people found it hard though.
I thought it was quite easy compared to some past papers I've done.

LOL i dunno why but i found JUNE08 paper easier and i think the reason why is because it has more formulas in that paper.Whereas this paper didnt hav the much formulas.
Reply 64
It was a fairly silly paper, very little chemistry, there should have been more calculations etc, and less pathetic twaddle that occured in some of the questions, I reckon I lost about 6/7 marks, and some found the exam fairly difficult, and therefore, I reckon grade boundaries will be 34/35 for an A*
alexlemon2
I got H6C2O1 which i believe was correct

Yeah thats what i got Alex.
I don't think you need a 1 after the O though.:smile:
Looking at the answers people keep giving for the empirical formula questions I lost 4 marks. :frown: My answer turned out to be something incredibly silly like H48CO43.

Gutted :frown:
bun
It was a fairly silly paper, very little chemistry, there should have been more calculations etc, and less pathetic twaddle that occured in some of the questions

Yeh so was the biology paper :stomp: that hardly had any biology questions . Im gonna be sooo annoyed if that is the same with the physics paper.
Reply 68
I found the test ok, not alot about chemistry though. The empirical formula was C2H60.
Graphite questions I put:
hexagonal layers
1 outer electron delocalised
so it can carry charge throught the structure which is why it can conduct electricity
weak intermolecular forces of attraction between the layers
so not alot of energy need to overome them which is why graphite is slippery.

Why was the perfume tested on skin? thought this was a trick question lol, then just put because consumers will use the perfume on their skin.

On the bit anout lithium nitrate and hydrogen in the reactor cylinders I had no idea them realised the answers were in the text :yes:
Reply 69
jipol
I found the test ok, not alot about chemistry though. The empirical formula was C2H60.
Graphite questions I put:
hexagonal layers
1 outer electron delocalised
so it can carry charge throught the structure which is why it can conduct electricity
weak intermolecular forces of attraction between the layers
so not alot of energy need to overome them which is why graphite is slippery.

Why was the perfume tested on skin? thought this was a trick question lol, then just put because consumers will use the perfume on their skin.

On the bit anout lithium nitrate and hydrogen in the reactor cylinders I had no idea them realised the answers were in the text :yes:

Yeah test on skin because will be used on skin :P
There were too many ambiguous one markers like that... in C3 more than C2 though
Reply 70
Easy no question that I didnt understand. Shows, do revision bit by bit, and rake the rewards.
Reply 71
bun
It was a fairly silly paper, very little chemistry, there should have been more calculations etc, and less pathetic twaddle that occured in some of the questions, I reckon I lost about 6/7 marks, and some found the exam fairly difficult, and therefore, I reckon grade boundaries will be 34/35 for an A*

Questions were very unchemistry. More about structure and bonding, and adapting to the given compound. It was waffely, but I think I only lost 1-2 marks.

I missed the maths questions, 3-4 marks for typing summa in calculator for 30 seconds, instead it was 3-4 solid writing lol.

Latest