Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

OCR Latin Grade Boundaries - A*

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have looked everywhere - does anyone know what an A* is out of 200?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    normally- generally speacking grade boundaries are 10% but im not entirely sure
    so if you use 10% it would be 180
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Normally, the A*is 87%
    I'll be lucky if i get a B lmao
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    grade boundary is 87%

if you go to the OCR website you can look at the mark scheme, A* is 173/200
    However it's slightly different depending on what papers you do

for me I did Language 1, Virgil (Verse Literature) Language 2 (basically a harder language paper) and Prose Literature (Druids and Boudicca)

1952/21, 22, 23, 24

With other combinations it can vary, just check out the website
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McKholin)
    grade boundary is 87%

if you go to the OCR website you can look at the mark scheme, A* is 173/200
    However it's slightly different depending on what papers you do

for me I did Language 1, Virgil (Verse Literature) Language 2 (basically a harder language paper) and Prose Literature (Druids and Boudicca)

1952/21, 22, 23, 24

With other combinations it can vary, just check out the website
    Is the A* boundary lower for the literature papers because I don't think I did very well in the prose and verse?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    87%? Ha- I'll be lucky to get a C then.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah just check the website.

I do 21/2/4&5 not 23....were told its about 85% + or - 1/2%...so about 170/200.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It seems ridiculous that its that high. Is it because generally latin stduents are high-achivers (or public school kids that have been studying latin since they were zygotes)? Or is that a stupid assumption to make?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surfait)
    It seems ridiculous that its that high. Is it because generally latin stduents are high-achivers (or public school kids that have been studying latin since they were zygotes)? Or is that a stupid assumption to make?
    Yup, that's exactly it sadly :eek3:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah lol thats pretty much right.

However, even at these grade boundaries 40%+ of applicants get an A*

Plus, the mark scheme is very nice eg allowing pretty much everything for background, the very kind language score system...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bakerbaker)
    Yeah lol thats pretty much right.

However, even at these grade boundaries 40%+ of applicants get an A*

Plus, the mark scheme is very nice eg allowing pretty much everything for background, the very kind language score system...
    40%+... :eek:

No one in our school has ever got an A* since it was even introduced. But saying that there was only 6 of us taking it this year and it's a fairly ****** school.

Still sort of hoping for a B/A though...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    40%+... :eek:

No one in our school has ever got an A* since it was even introduced. But saying that there was only 6 of us taking it this year and it's a fairly ****** school.

Still sort of hoping for a B/A though...
    Yeah its a lot - its 70 odd that get As and above.

My school doesnt get anywhere near that but gets a few *s....unlike most its not private.

For an A you need 75% ish i believe so you should have a good chance

Hopefully ill get * but doubt it, some of the virgil, 1 q on background and some language was bad.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I ran out of time on the Prose and the Language could have gone a lot better. The Virgil went splendidly though. I'm hoping I'll get an A - I'd be overjoyed with that - don't think it's gonna happen sadly.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It varies from year to year anywhere between 170-180/200 depending on the difficulty of paper, how people did etc.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mhm. Funnily enough I was really happy with the Prose and Literature, but they were my strongest two. Language was mediocre (fell for that 'veho' trap like a lot of people), and Roman Life was abysmal, bordering on laughable. the humilation of that exam was only made bearable by the thought that I would never have to do Latin again.

Ha, oh well. Only the 27th of August will tell. Still wish I'd done R.E. instead though. :rolleyes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why does the OCR website not show the boundaries for each paper needed to get an A*? It only shows the A grade mark

E.g. for paper 1 it shows 45/60 as an A but no A* threshold mark.

Im officially doomed if the A* is 87%.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 18, 2009
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.