The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

aljabiraa
i find researching medicine really intersting. my idea of relaxtion is research. its odd but its calming to me

same here... we are quite similar :smile: - nice to be in the know
Reply 41
yes it is indeed. you planning to come to england for uni?
aljabiraa
i find researching medicine really interesting. my idea of relaxation is research. its odd but its calming to me
Odd is a bit of an understatement. :lolwut:
aljabiraa
yes it is indeed. you planning to come to england for uni?

probably, thinking of imperial, dont really like queens Belfast's' policies
Reply 44
:rofl:

Pld
Lauren975
You must do some more Extra Curricular - I'm in YR 11 and although I'm prediced all A stars and A's , I have made sure I have a Grade 6 on an instrument (Clarinet) as it gives you UCAS points, I play For England netball (Okay not everyone can do that, but get way involved and try to play for something that sounds big) and that I know medical contacts, do medicine courses and do voluntary work. : D

There is nothing wrong with his extracurriculars. He does drama, orchestra and debating which is plenty. Extracurriculars are not about achieving UCAS points or showing off on internet forums. They aren't there to demonstrate how bloody wonderful you are, they're about being able to take a breather from medicine, being an interesting person who enjoys things other than medicine (which, frankly, gets a bit much a lot of the time), about doing things you are really passionate about.

If you can't understand that the medical application process is not simply a competition of achievements then you've obviously missed the point completely.

OP - You're fine! Forget it all until Lower Sixth.
Reply 46
ok thank you :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending