The Student Room Group
Reply 1
There are a number of modules which the BPS stipulate must be covered in a degree in order for the degree to be accredited. If a university doesn't wish to incorporate these modules within a degree then it may provide students with alternative topic areas to explore.

The one year graduate diploma in psychology is often taken by students who wish to pursue a career in psychology and for this BPS accreditation is required. They would have already covered some psychology in their previous degree courses.
Reply 2
If you do a degree with a year in the US etc i know you end up not being accredited. I think there'll be a very tough market for Physcology jobs soon tbh.
Reply 3
If you don't want to become a psychologist and you're just doing the degree because it's your favourite subject or something, then doing a non-accredited course lets you choose your modules, you don't have to do the compulsory ones :smile:
Cardozo
If you do a degree with a year in the US etc i know you end up not being accredited. I think there'll be a very tough market for Physcology jobs soon tbh.

As if 150+ applications per Assistant Psychologist place isnt tough enough?
Reply 5
So I'd be able to do a psychology based combined course then do a conversion course if I'm still interested in becoming a psychologist afterwards?

Does anyone know the rough price range?

Would I be able to do this course if I had taken say human geography?
Reply 6
GodspeedGehenna

True. In each of my classes of 10-18 at college atleast 50% are doing Psychology at Leeds or Manchester Met...
Reply 7
Tombola
So I'd be able to do a psychology based combined course then do a conversion course if I'm still interested in becoming a psychologist afterwards?

Does anyone know the rough price range?

Would I be able to do this course if I had taken say human geography?

You need to have covered a minimum of 60 credits in Psychology in a degree course before you can be accepted onto the diploma (e.g. by doing a joint honours degree in Psychology + another subject). Without these credits you will need to complete a foundation year in order to cover some psychology before you undertake the grad diploma.

Its always been hard to find psychology work for graduates.Whenever my service appoints an assistant, we have to a) keep the job advertisement open for about 24 hours, b) not read applications after the first 200 recieved.

Fairly tough I would say.

Latest