The Student Room Group

Where the **** has the man's man gone?

All i saw in college (i finished 2 weeks ago) were vastly emo/indie/goth pussy boys. What happened to the lads which would go out after lesson to have some prawn sandwiches and a banter down the pub? Where were the guys that went on the pull and actually pulled and not cried about not doing so on tsr? Saturdays would be revolvin around getting a pint down the local and betting over which horse would win the 3 o clock, bonus if you win and your football team winss.
I'm talking the traditional Brit attitude alpha male. Case in point big brother, where the **** are the real men this year?

Scroll to see replies

anticipating some funny angry response*
They're too busy being intensely manly for any of that nonsense.
I'm also waiting for responses. It seems the Alpha dog has disappeared to give way to Edward style poofs...
Reply 4
Whats the point in being manly when it is now socially acceptable to wear tight t-shirts and eyeliner? We know which is more fun :yes:
Reply 5
I don't know what its like in your town but you'll be hard pressed to find any male not down the pub watching the footy on the big screen and a lot of beers.
Reply 6
There's something slightly homosexual about the male fascination with alpha males, don't you think?
Deanna19
I don't know what its like in your town but you'll be hard pressed to find any male not down the pub watching the footy on the big screen and a lot of beers.

nah i'm talkin the student population.
If you're using Big Brother as a representative sample of society, then I seriously worry about your mental health :lolwut:
Reply 9
Mr_Steve_Stifler

So am I lol.

Ok well not all of it but the majority of guys in my class are not girly men in anyway.
Reply 10
They're too busy plugging each others back ends to be betting on horses these days.

I wouldn't use big brother as a way to generalise the population by the way... that'd be a pretty weird country to live in.
My typical saturday.

mate txt me saying are you coming to a dirty greasy cafe to get a full english, usually go about 11-12. then down to the bookies to put some dirty accumilators on, have a go on the roulette. Then go and have a couple of pints in whatever pub. Then either go round someones house to watch footie results come through or pub. After that we all go back and get ready. Then drink silly amounts of vodka around someones house while watching tv burp and you've been framed. Maybe a couple of games of pro evo, order cocaine which we tol ourselves we wouldnt take at the start of the day, then hit the town.

Fridays are usually pub and then maybe a club after 50/50 really.

If a big game is on sunday i will be out again, watch footie all day then karaoke after. Where i sings lots of ronan keating.
Reply 12
Mr_Steve_Stifler

In terms of the student population, I doubt too many of the "alpha males" you mentioned made it to university. If you want to make chums with people that fit that stereotype then go to a garage / typically male dominated place of work.
Mr_Steve_Stifler
All i saw in college (i finished 2 weeks ago) were vastly emo/indie/goth pussy boys. What happened to the lads which would go out after lesson to have some prawn sandwiches and a banter down the pub? Where were the guys that went on the pull and actually pulled and not cried about not doing so on tsr? Saturdays would be revolvin around getting a pint down the local and betting over which horse would win the 3 o clock, bonus if you win and your football team winss.
I'm talking the traditional Brit attitude alpha male. Case in point big brother, where the **** are the real men this year?

Dude, wimpy guys have always existed, don't pretend this is a new thing and different to the 'good old days'. They've filled Big Brother with gays because they're more interesting to watch, do you honestly think the show is a genuine cross-section of British society?

Plus, I really can't take a guy seriously who calls himself Stifler!
Callum828
Dude, wimpy guys have always existed, don't pretend this is a new thing and different to the 'good old days'. They've filled Big Brother with gays because they're more interesting to watch, do you honestly think the show is a genuine cross-section of British society?

Plus, I really can't take a guy seriously who calls himself Stifler!

haha nah stifler was thought up when i registered years back.

'gays because they're more interesting to watch'. this is exactly the type of behaviour that i don't support. hang ur head in shame lad.

lol, hugh jackman, class post.
All doing manly things like hugging, grunting, clutching balls and squatting over each other... I believe some people refer to it as rugby.
Reply 16
I hate to point it out... probably in the pub as opposed to on TSR...
Reply 17
Mr_Steve_Stifler

nothing more manly than prawn sandwiches :cool: Anyway, shouldn't you be pleased. If nobody else is pulling then surely you should be?!
Reply 18
punktopia
There's something slightly homosexual about the male fascination with alpha males, don't you think?

Haha, yes. Actually I've recently started thinking about how advertising is often directed towards the fragile male ego with products demonstrated as ways to prove masculinity (Yorkie bars, McCoys crisps, Nuts Magazine). Very strange.
Mr_Steve_Stifler

'gays because they're more interesting to watch'. this is exactly the type of behaviour that i don't support. hang ur head in shame lad.

You don't support gays in Big Brother?

I'm saying I watch the show, I don't. But as TV producers, the only thing they care about is ratings. Unless you're suggesting they put gays in the house to undermine your masculinity?

Latest

Trending

Trending