Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

if you are cool, you come from..

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yup Im a pure lahori!lol...errm...well I have relatives scattered around lahore.....errm model town, errm...shaad bhagh (I think thats the name)..errm...I cant really remember the names of all the other places....but I know they are...everywhere!!...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Morph~)
    Yup Im a pure lahori!lol...errm...well I have relatives scattered around lahore.....errm model town, errm...shaad bhagh (I think thats the name)..errm...I cant really remember the names of all the other places....but I know they are...everywhere!!...
    Pure Lahore in Uk... cool
    Shad Bagh well we own a house there both in Cantt n Shad Bagh so do let me know when u go there
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    jee nahi lahore is not that great :P islamabad bhi tou hai...
    btw feels real good to know they're alteast a few of us here...
    i've only been to lhr for like a few days and the river was ganda and i just didnt like it!!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I am a Pakistani too. I am from........ Peshawar. The boring, sleepy city where the illiterate people stare at girls as if they are animals in the zoo. But it is not THAT bad. Everyone thinks that pekhawar is very primitive. But its not. We've got our own underground musik scene. BTW does anyone here like entity-paradigm(eP), Jal or Call? Or even that Atif guy?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frixis)
    jee nahi lahore is not that great :P islamabad bhi tou hai...
    btw feels real good to know they're alteast a few of us here...
    i've only been to lhr for like a few days and the river was ganda and i just didnt like it!!!
    Ya isl is good too but not like lahore n u cannot say this just coz of a river on that we depend on India so its there fault i wld say crime n this is the most serious issue of modern age "Water" if we dont have water in ravi n like u said k ganda hai its coz of India anywayz.
    Its a fact Lahore is the best "Lahore Lahore Ae "
    on the contrary nothing much to enjoy in isl the city life of isl compare to lahore is nothing.
    but dont get angry on it that was a friendly reply i love isl too coz its all abt Pakistan n as i said before this is the best thread i ever came across
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GandalfdaGoblin)
    Hello, I am a Pakistani too. I am from........ Peshawar. The boring, sleepy city where the illiterate people stare at girls as if they are animals in the zoo. But it is not THAT bad. Everyone thinks that pekhawar is very primitive. But its not. We've got our own underground musik scene. BTW does anyone here like entity-paradigm(eP), Jal or Call? Or even that Atif guy?
    Ofcourse not bad at all as i said its abt Pakistan
    Ya im a big paki music fan especiall rock music n finally i got another Paki music fan here.
    Ya i love all of them u mentioned especiall Ep, Noori, Junoon like always they rock especially ALi Azmat, Atif Asalam is amazing n another talented guy Ahmed Jhanzeb n those guys from peshawar Zeeshan Parwez i guess is the name n one who has sung My happiness those guys r really gr8, fuzon i like Jal too but the best part of Jal is music Farhan is not that good especially when u have a rival like Atif Aslam Farhan is nothing but still they r good n strings ofcourse.
    See i have mentioned many names coz i love Paki music espcially coz they r making much much better music then the indians :p:
    Hey talking abt underground scene have u listened to Arooj Aftab a very talented young girl she is going to California Berkley to study music on scholarshio so u can guess how talented she is. i have listen to couple of her covers n she is fablous. she play guitar too infact she is a composer n sing too
    anywayz its nice to chat abt Paki music i just love it to put it simple
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    happy to see u here too. arooj rocks totally. i listen to mera pyaar - her cover of Amir Zaki's song. She sang it even better than Zaki. lolz. Besides mizraable helped her with the musik instruments. He was gr8 at it. Did u listen to eP'sa new song: Toh kya hota agar keh bhi diya hota. It is soooooo good. I love Jal and I am on its side. I know Atif sings well but i think he often gets out of tune and i can't help loving GOher's and Farhan's voices. and the guitars rock. i want to get myself the corduroy's debut album. can't find it in psh. psh is sleepy place. i can't wait to get HP6 too.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I plan to travel from China to Russia then back down to China this summer. On the way back from China I was thinking of heading south from Moscow into Kazhikstan and eventually to Pakistan. Is it safe for a blond haired american to be travelling around these areas? What do you all think?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ^
    lolz. u can have real fun in karachi, islamabad and Lahore. There are many foreigners there. Don't come to Peshawar cuz everyone here will just stare at u. go to concerts. go to nandoos. or papasalis or some bowling alley.
    that will be fun. u can buy loads of stuff for urself from the markets. the cds and books are really cheap. Go to Lahore even if not anywhere else. Just go to Lahore. It is an excellent place.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    happy to see u here too. arooj rocks totally. i listen to mera pyaar - her cover of Amir Zaki's song. She sang it even better than Zaki. lolz. Besides mizraable helped her with the musik instruments. He was gr8 at it. Did u listen to eP'sa new song: Toh kya hota agar keh bhi diya hota. It is soooooo good. I love Jal and I am on its side. I know Atif sings well but i think he often gets out of tune and i can't help loving GOher's and Farhan's voices. and the guitars rock. i want to get myself the corduroy's debut album. can't find it in psh. psh is sleepy place. i can't wait to get HP6 too.
    Exactly she sang it even better than zaki. ya i have listened EPs new song infact live at Sozo world Lahore n it was awesome even gals dere were doing head banging every time these guys perform live they rock the scene.
    well i will not say anything on Jal n Atif already millions have said alot :p: but one thing is for sure both Atif n Jal ruling the Paki industry for the past year n so... infact Jal is going on a US tour Atif has already done it thats a big achievement for both of them.
    Plus u can download all the music if you're getting it from the market im sure u must be a regular visitor of www.pakmusic.com n www.pakmediarevolution.com .
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kondar)
    Hello, I plan to travel from China to Russia then back down to China this summer. On the way back from China I was thinking of heading south from Moscow into Kazhikstan and eventually to Pakistan. Is it safe for a blond haired american to be travelling around these areas? What do you all think?
    GandalfdaGoblin has already explain it well but i will add here that its a stereotype created by western media that blondehaired american n others r not safe in Pakistan n areas arnd it well the thing is u will found alot of foreigners here n its not like wat others say u r safe here infact u will treated as a special person just coz ur a foreigner.
    Plus its a great place to be recently i heard a British Journalist became a Pakistani National at his own wish so u can guess nothing is wrong here for foreigners.
    Its one of the most loving n humble society in the world especially but unfortunately west portray it as an extremist society.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yes, of course you will be safe there.. but u will get stared at alot especially by the men.. the worst stares come from when ur in mecca(saudia arabia) and the men stared at my sister as if she was some shining angel from above or somethin lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaeda)
    yes, of course you will be safe there.. but u will get stared at alot especially by the men.. the worst stares come from when ur in mecca(saudia arabia) and the men stared at my sister as if she was some shining angel from above or somethin lol
    I dont know y u think like that i mean thats not the case especially in Lahore ppl r so busy they have millions things to worry abt rather than just staring at others.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    LOL well it happened when i went to saudia arabia
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    IT DID
    HOW CUD THEY??? *shocked* *hyperventilates* Actually, i mean if she was covered then its impossible. and so near God's house? Someone told me Pakistanis don't even leave the women alone in Kaaba. They stand and stare at them while they are praying. That is just so sick. Know what times are changing if u go to city towers, KFC, Shiraz or Chief, ppl don't stare at u even in this damned, lazy, sleeping city. I hate peshawar. its not my fault. i just hate it. i really wish i lived in isloo or pindi or lahore. I ve got so many realtives in those cities. Whenver i visit them i just don' feel like going back.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    LOL... I just cant believe it i mean how could one in Kaaba n when she was all covered amazing :laugh:
    well i guess there is something seriously wrong in Peshawar she just hate it like anything.... u better shift to Lahore u know its the best place.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hello. have u guys seen "Nazar"? wonder why meera was accused of THOSE sort of scenes. The poor woman didn't do anything at all. I died of anticipation. All she did was that song which wasn't as "bad". The mullas are just jealous.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hello. have u guys seen "Nazar"? wonder why meera was accused of THOSE sort of scenes. The poor woman didn't do anything at all. I died of anticipation. All she did was that song which wasn't as "bad". The mullas are just jealous.
    lol ya i did but ofcourse those scenes were edited but even if she did scenes which ppl didnt like i dont care... i mean 1st of all i wanna ask those ppl is she a beauty Queen y r they so concern abt her n y cant they just let other live the way they want.
    secondly if an actress will not wear mini skirts will not do kissing scenes n things like that then who will wat else ur expecting from an actress if that was wrong then i guess ppl shld be executed on wat they r doing on day to day basis i mean much bigger crimes happening on streets.
    N she isnt a professor lol.... or r they expecting a lady doctor to do all those scenes.. :rolleyes:
    I wonder whether Paki actresses will ever make it to hollywood coz they would have to do much more there.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Janealams)
    I dont know y u think like that i mean thats not the case especially in Lahore ppl r so busy they have millions things to worry abt rather than just staring at others.

Lol......the las time I went to lahore was when I was 10........and they stared then!!....believe me..... :rolleyes:

Anyway......since Ill will be goin pakistan this summer...I will be also goin to Islamabaad as well as Lahore......Ive never been Islamabaad before....is there any particular places I should go?....I heard blue town? is meant to be good for shoppin etc....thats all I know!!...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Morph~)
    Lol......the las time I went to lahore was when I was 10........and they stared then!!....believe me..... :rolleyes:

Anyway......since Ill will be goin pakistan this summer...I will be also goin to Islamabaad as well as Lahore......Ive never been Islamabaad before....is there any particular places I should go?....I heard blue town? is meant to be good for shoppin etc....thats all I know!!...
    lol its enough of staring i guess.
    Its blue Area not town but anyway many other places ofcourse
    u have Parliament house, prime minister house, supreme court all great places to visit u'll meet genius there think tanks infact ppl who r making policies for the whole world exactly....lol... :p:
    anyway goto www.apnaislamabad.com u will find enough info there
Updated: May 30, 2005
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.