The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
kadhumia_flo
So if you can't trust those that have saved your country in the past, who can you trust?

I may not be the best person to formulate an opinion but Siniora government seem scum.

Who helped those that were worst hit by the last conflict? Hezbullah. They've also helped fund schools and medical centres. I don't think you have been fair to them when describing them as power-hungry and working for their own interests/Iran's. Instead, why don't you say that Siniora is serving the interests of the US?

the cedar revolution/march 14 has rebuilt and constructed and donated a lot to the lebanese society. Re construction of downtown beirut is one SMALL example. hospitals, schools, you name it....i believe theyve done much more than hezbolah has ever contributed to lebanon. even if serving the interests of the US, that is the much more liberal and safe thing to do than serving syria/iran where the orders are always to assasinate politicians/people.. at least american influence opens american institutions ..if shia are so against american influence why go to american unis , etc.? in the end american unis are much less harmless then an army that you're not sure if it's actually going to be use dfor the protection of its citizens( may 08).

do you know that it was because of rafik il hariri that the US took hezbollah out of its terrorist list before he was assassinated(now theyre back on the list). he wanted to negotiate with hezbollah but hezbolah doesnt care about talks or working with others in order to create a better lebanon. Did you know that with the help of syrian intelligence 7 politicians were killed(i forgot which year) during a time where elections were supposed to take place.They want to secure power all for themselves. very power hungry indeed and very selfish. as a representative of march 8 recently said "we're perfectly fine with running lebanon all by ourselves."
Reply 61
AHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
No, of course not, in fighting civilians are obviously gonna get caught up in the middle, and you are certain for a fact all the civilian deaths came from one side, ie. Sunni militia weren't involved in any deaths etc.?

Since the 1975 civil wat that no lebanese would want to be reminded of may 2008 was the worst it had seen since then. In fact, it was at the brink of another civil war. Hezbollah fightrs attacked and seized control of many west beirut(sunni part) neigborhoods. They blocked the roads to the airport along with many other roads by burning tires and pouring trucks of dirt to block.

May 2008 ended with 11 dead/30 wounded.

Not to forget how they paralyzed the country with their 17 month long camp in downtown beirut. That was horrible...

and now i really need to go to bed cause its 439am here. Good night :smile:
I would hope not but if the people voted for them and the elections were "fair" then they will have a mandate to govern regardless of what the world thinks.

It wont go down well if they do win though.
Reply 63
bigmo7
How was the government supposed to know? Telepathy right...?

Hezbollah has informed the government about their plan to kidnap Israeli soldiers prior to it's execution. Watch this debate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lrItdon6mk

And from the way you seem to write suggests that only Israelis are humans, it doesn't really matter how many innocent Lebanese die...
And before you even mention it, the ratio of civilian deaths was something crazy like 20:1...

Of course I didn't say that, but every government has to put it's people's interests first. If your government had the same weapons Israel had - I'm sure they'd use them without an eye blink.

The entire prisoner issue could have been easily solved through diplomacy, and putting thousands of citizens at risk for one child murderer was just stupid. But Hezbollah preferred this way because they wanted to show how mighty they are. Way to go, Hezbollah !

No I guess it isn't...fair point and I'd be pretty sure that if Hezbollah ever did attack Israel, they'd have some sort of surprise up their sleeve but hopefully it will not come to that...

Let's hope not.

Today there's really no reason why Lebanon and Israel should have any dispute. There are no more occupied territories, no more prisoners. The only reason there are still tensions and explosive potential is Hezbollah, Iran and Syria.

Think about it.
Sad3k
Yeah i do

my keyboard is bad!

some letters dont come up unless you force them down like im doing now!
:smile::smile:

Oh okay, it seemed a bit disjointed that's all. :smile:
Reply 65
bigmo7
Concrete evidence such as counting the bodies? During a war like that there is no way of telling...how does anyone really know how Hezbollah really operate like except for themselves...I for one don't know how many fighters died...

Casualty estimations never include concrete evidence such as counting bodies. Kind of impossible in wartime, especially when one side does not admit its losses. On the other hand, they used testimonies of Lebanese officials, Hezbollah officials, Syrian officials, and over 400 uniformed bodies that the IDF took back to Israel which were kept in storage and identified.
bigmo7
:ditto:

And to be fair they do have a lot of control in the region...and there a re a lot of Shia's in Lebanon...

Exactly !!! :woo:
Reply 67
Hm... if they do it will be a curse to the long-suffering people of Lebanon.

Their support did increase after the recent war - any people will rally around the defenders of their country - even if the 'defenders' are people who started the war.

Why do voters in these circumstances continue to vote for groups like that - Hamas in Gaza and now possibly Hezbollah in Lebanon?

We need to know the answer to that in order to move forward.
Reply 68
First:

crème_de_la_crème
from all your comments i came to a conclusion that you are the one who is so brainwashed

Then:

im lebanese and i hate and despise lebanese people im sorry i cant help it :sadnod:

Clean your own back yard before accusing others of the same.
Reply 69
crème_de_la_crème
but thts the reason i hate them they r all superficial and hypocrites

Why, because she doesnt support your political view's? She can just as well call Lebanese who support Hezbollah superficial/hypocrites because Hezbollah uses Lebanon as a staging ground for attacks against Israel, holding the whole nation hostage due to Iran's whims.
congratz Raddoun, it seems according to polls that ja3ja3 and crew will win.
ok they won, akeed bara 3amle 7afle hehehehe
:smile: Congratulation ...
March 14th movement won the majority in the parliament . this shows that people hate religious fundamentalism and rigid-minded Hasan Nasrollah .:p:

GOOD JOB LEBANESE PEOPLE , GOOD JOB
Reply 73
Is it official now? I'd heard that it was all but official. This is a good thing in my opinion, it will hopefully help to influence the Iranian election and prevent Admadinejad's re-election, also it will hopefully give Israel no excuse to go to war in Lebanon. This could have de-railed Obama's policy for the ME.
Reply 74
Congratulations, Lebanon!
Having looked at it, doesn't seem to much of a 'defeat', Hizbollah put up 11 candiadates, their 11 candidates got elected.

Latest

Trending

Trending