The Student Room Group

Epic PYA4 & PYA5 revision notes database (AQA Psychology A)

I've spent the last few days laboriously putting every revision note I have into this. It's not entirely finished yet, but PYA4's done, and PYA5 will be under way as soon as the PYA4 exam is over on Tuesday.

Unfortunately, I don't do all the topics (which would be near impossible), so this is only really useful if you do any of:

PYA4:
- Relationships
- Social & Personality Development
- Cognitive development

PYA5:
- Psychopathology (Schizophrenia, Depression, Phobias)
- Issues (Gender/Culture Bias, Ethics)

It's basically a flashcard type idea. The name of a researcher/study/theory/whatever comes up and you have to remember what it is (if you can't, click "reveal"). If you want to specify a topic area (which I highly recommend), click on it at the top (it makes it less confusing that way).

Here it is!

It's been useful for me because it's forced me to go through the whole syllabus, and I'm hoping it will be useful for other people too.
Reply 1
nuodai
I've spent the last few days laboriously putting every revision note I have into this. It's not entirely finished yet, but PYA4's done, and PYA5 will be under way as soon as the PYA4 exam is over on Tuesday.

Unfortunately, I don't do all the topics (which would be near impossible), so this is only really useful if you do any of:

PYA4:
- Relationships
- Cognitive development

PYA5:

It's basically a flashcard type idea. The name of a researcher/study/theory/whatever comes up and you have to remember what it is (if you can't, click "reveal"). If you want to specify a topic area (which I highly recommend), click on it at the top (it makes it less confusing that way).

Here it is!

It's been useful for me because it's forced me to go through the whole syllabus, and I'm hoping it will be useful for other people too.

ur amazin!
Reply 2
nuodai

PYA4:
- Relationships
- Cognitive development

PYA5:

Here it is!

depression and schizo would be nice. ill send you my notes
Reply 3
Oh, wow! Rep for you, this is gonna be crazy useful.
Unfortunately I'm not doing much of the same content as you, ah well.
For PYA4 the questions are out of 24, does anyone know what mark would give you an A?
I am clueless about this kind of thing.
Reply 5
*subscribe*

hehe, great notes.... waiting for PYA 5 :smile:
Reply 6
Wow thanks loads...I'm doing PYA5 this June... did PYA4 in January (I pity those doing it in June alongside other exams). This is so useful...I'm going to tell my psych teacher about your website!!! Definitely worth rep!
Reply 7
electricfeel--
Unfortunately I'm not doing much of the same content as you, ah well.
For PYA4 the questions are out of 24, does anyone know what mark would give you an A?
I am clueless about this kind of thing.

It depends on the grade boundaries for the paper, but it's normally about 17-18/24 on average for an A.
nuodai
It depends on the grade boundaries for the paper, but it's normally about 17-18/24 on average for an A.

Ok.. do-able? :/
Thank you.
Reply 9
It's definitely doable. If you can get full marks for quality of written communication, you may even be able to stretch to 16/24 in an essay and still get an A. The paradox there is that you're unlikely to get full marks for written communication if you get 16/24 for an essay, but no matter :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending