The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
necessarily benevolent
I think it went well actually. I did all the middle questions (so 2, 5 and 8). On depressions/extreme weather events, migration and the human impacts/balancing of resources and population.

Does anyone who did the extreme weather events question find that it would've been better suited to the hazards paper? I think I included a case study that I used in the hazards exam in this one.

I also managed to mention the CAP in the balancing of resources/population one :woo:

Depressions / extreme weather events was question 1 i thought?

But anyway, yeh all the case studies I used were from hazards :rolleyes: i used 1703 great storm, 1990 burns day storm, hurricane katrina and cyclone nargis. I don't think my arguements were very coherent but I think / hope I can make up for it in the rest of the paper :o:
pegglybum
Depressions / extreme weather events was question 1 i thought?

But anyway, yeh all the case studies I used were from hazards :rolleyes: i used 1703 great storm, 1990 burns day storm, hurricane katrina and cyclone nargis. I don't think my arguements were very coherent but I think / hope I can make up for it in the rest of the paper :o:

Actually yeah, it was question 1. You're right. I think I mentioned extreme anticyclonic conditions too, the effectiveness of forecasting (I think I mentioned the tornadoes in the US), the impact on economy, I think I mentioned El Nino's effect on the fishing industry as well. I spent way too long on the depressions question. I got into it and - having just finished explaining what a depression is - realised I only had about five minutes left, so scrawled down some really basic points from the resource. I don't think I managed to comment on the wind direction. :s:
Flavity
you did pretty well for someone so adamant on not revising... :rolleyes:

I spread it out throughout the year instead of revising.
Reply 43
I did question 7 on section C, for part b) it was chatting about named organisations in effort to conserve biodiversity. I spoke about Korup, Maldives putting up barriers and regulations about corals, FSC and STARO (stingless bees for pollination) is this the right kind thing?

Part a) for that question was a nightmare, i only spoke about boreal and corals :/
mistth12
I did question 7 on section C, for part b) it was chatting about named organisations in effort to conserve biodiversity. I spoke about Korup, Maldives putting up barriers and regulations about corals, FSC and STARO (stingless bees for pollination) is this the right kind thing?

Part a) for that question was a nightmare, i only spoke about boreal and corals :/

I found part a) to be a bit of a nightmare also :sadnod:

For part b) I did an intro, then one paragraph talking about WWF's work in helping to set up the Korup national park, and then I talked about the New Forest National Park Authority managing the threats to biodiversity in the New Forest. I'm pretty sure we both did the right thing, I'm just not sure mine was in-depth enough.
dlg3579
God I'm screwed :frown: :o:

Don't be too down. Everyone on here seemed to find the paper pretty difficult, which means the already low grade boundaries could get moved down even further.

Also, am I right in thinking you haven't done Unit 5 and 6 yet? I did both of them in January and I found them to be by far easier than Unit 4 (Global Challenge), so if you haven't done great on this module, you could quite easily pick up the bulk of your marks on the other two.
Lol. It's funny how I found this exam easier than I thought it would be. Though, who knows. That's probably a bad sign. :o:
Reply 47
Grapevine
I found part a) to be a bit of a nightmare also :sadnod:

For part b) I did an intro, then one paragraph talking about WWF's work in helping to set up the Korup national park, and then I talked about the New Forest National Park Authority managing the threats to biodiversity in the New Forest. I'm pretty sure we both did the right thing, I'm just not sure mine was in-depth enough.

Ah i forgot all about the new forest stuff... i hope mine was ok :/
i need a C in this paper. Not looking forward to Cairngorms synoptic AT ALL :frown:
Reply 48
Grapevine
Don't be too down. Everyone on here seemed to find the paper pretty difficult, which means the already low grade boundaries could get moved down even further.

Also, am I right in thinking you haven't done Unit 5 and 6 yet? I did both of them in January and I found them to be by far easier than Unit 4 (Global Challenge), so if you haven't done great on this module, you could quite easily pick up the bulk of your marks on the other two.

Yeah, i still have units 5 and 6 to go. My coursework was good but over the limit so somewhat guaranteed marks. Hazards should be nice too as long as its just simples causes without the facy crap of causes helping impacts which is oxymoronic by definition :mad: Synoptic's worrying me though as revision for it shall be minimal due to other exams. Reading through it and jotting down points i think the questions may be on. This makes me feel though i've still done nothing as revisio for this is soft core in comparison.

There's a glimmer of hope that may be fading but still there. Come on optimism! I have it somewhere...

Latest

Trending

Trending