The Student Room Group

Edexcel Physics PHY4: 10th June

I'm pretty nervous for these exams, but i think past papers are the way forward. often the same questions come up over and over again.

how's everyone doing with revision?

Scroll to see replies

im pissing myself already
Reply 2
Having difficulties finding some of the papers online.. such as Jan 09 for PHY5, haven't seen it anywhere at all.
Reply 3
yer if any1 has got the jan 09 phy5 and 4 it would be appreciated if you upload them :biggrin:
Reply 5
Thankyou! I've been looking for the 2009 PHY5 for ages!

I think occasionally there can be similarities between the january and june papers for certain years, so I think those papers will be quite useful. The only evidence I have is 2006 and 2007 I think they have some similar questions. Although I can't think what reasons they'd have for doing this...
Reply 6
thanx man..thanx a lott.. its like you lifted a lot of weight from my shoulders!!! :biggrin:
Reply 7
Hey if you don't mind, please post a link for the phy 6 jan 09 paper. It'll be a lot of help.
PHY 6 Question paper: https://eiewebvip.edexcel.org.uk/Reports/Confidential%20Documents/0901/6736_01_que_20090129.pdf (to access the insert, right click the paper clip on the front page and click open link)

PHY 6 Mark scheme: https://eiewebvip.edexcel.org.uk/Reports/Confidential%20Documents/0901/6736_01_rms_20090312.pdf
Reply 9
can some one pls give me jan 07 unit 5
Reply 10
Has anybody got any tips or hints from teacher on what's going to come up? I've done all the past papers, and there is very very little repetition. I'm pretty sure somebody out there knows something?
Reply 11
My teacher said maybe maybe for PHY 4, energy levels, Doppler shift and absorption spectra stuff, because it didn't come up in Jan.

I did PHY 4 in January and I probably could have revised a lot harder, but everyone found the paper horrible at the time too. I hope tomorrow won't be too bad, considering I haven't really looked over it much again anyway... doh.

I better go away and blast some past papers.
anyone has phy5 and 6 jan 06 question papers? thanks.
Reply 14
could someone please upload jan06 and jan 07 phy5 q's and a's. thanks
anyone got he jun 08 and jan 09 papers 4 and 5 mark schemes?
Reply 16
Anyone else doing that 2009 PHY 4 paper. It is absolutely disgusting. I don't know what Edexcel were playing at, but some of the questions they have asked there are absurd.
djpailo
Anyone else doing that 2009 PHY 4 paper. It is absolutely disgusting. I don't know what Edexcel were playing at, but some of the questions they have asked there are absurd.

i agree with you, it really is.

i find that of late papers have been getting progressively tougher.

ive done a few papers from the early 00's and the 1990's and those were way easier
Reply 18
djpailo

I sat it in jan. Add the pressure of an exam to those questions, and it made for a horrible experience
NesQuiK.
I sat it in jan. Add the pressure of an exam to those questions, and it made for a horrible experience

may i ask what you got? and what the grade boundaries were like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending