The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Chemistry was really hard last year, but this year has gotten easier. Whereas Biology was hard last year and gotten...harder, so I would have to say Biology, obviously I can only comment on the subjects I have done :yep:
History of art is the hardest in my opinion ...
You'd have to be good in quite a range of subject-areas!

But no, I don't do it.

Oh and actually, come to think of it, ancient Greek is pretty darned hard too.
It depends entirely on the person and their subjects. For me, psychology is my hardest subject.
Reply 4
Physics :stomp:

Chemistry and Biology are easy in comparison.
Reply 5
Further maths, I would say. You have to be pretty good at maths to even attempt it.
nempozpag

I found physics easy, but then I found maths easy aswell :s-smilie:
Reply 7
Chemistry is the hardest imo.

But biology is just the most annoying.

Physics and Maths are easier than the two by far.
Reply 8
JumpingJonny
I found physics easy, but then I found maths easy aswell :s-smilie:

Maths is insanely easy. I don't know why people find Chemistry and Biology harder than Physics, maybe me and everyone at my college just can't do it...
Computing / further maths
Reply 10
Further maths - definitely!

Chemistry and biology, and normal maths aren't anything spectacularly hard. I do history and don't find that so much of a challenge, but it's probably one of that hardest humanities, filtering out all the crap ones.

Failing f. maths, Greek?
Reply 11
personally, i find stats the hardest out of what i do
chemistry is easy
nempozpag
Maths is insanely easy. I don't know why people find Chemistry and Biology harder than Physics, maybe me and everyone at my college just can't do it...

In fact Biology isnt too bad, there is just lots of memorisin, I think I found Physics easy as I really enjoyed it, and was prepared to do lots of work outside of class, whereas chemistry I didnt enjoy hence didnt work hard, and therefore stuggled. I think enjoyment of a subject and natural ability play a large role in the difficulty of a subject :yep:
Reply 13
chemistry not too hard just remembering everything is hard
i would imagine physics/further maths are the hardest along with humanities like english lit/history
Difficulty is subjective, and it depends on what you personally are good at. For me, I would find Maths/Further Maths and the Sciences impossible.
Im on AQA and id say, from easiest to hardest
-Maths
-Further Maths
-Physics
-Chemistry
-Biology!!!!!
nempozpag

Same. Even further maths pales compared to physics.
Reply 17
I think that chemistry is hard, but has a reasonably forgiving markscheme. Biology is also quite hard (not as hard as chemistry), but the markscheme is evil.
Reply 18
It's subjective. Some may excel at further maths but fail food tech.
Chemistry
Physics
Maths
F.Maths

in no particular order

Latest