The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

bansheeee*
Ireland is richer than England. ask the Billionaires living in South Dublin

Sorry this is wrong to the point of absurdity, Ireland has 881% of GDP as external debt (the world's highest). The gap between revenue and expenditure will be 2 billion euros this year. Unless you meant "there are more rich people in Ireland" in which case that may be true but I doubt it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008%E2...nancial_crisis
billykwok
Originally Posted by Arenas123
why dont more people apply to Ireland to do Medicine.

I was told by my careers teacher that you have to do 4 a2's compared to 4 as's and 3 a2 for the uk
Reply 62
Sambo2
the reason you have to study chemistry is that someone showed a link between achievment at med school and chemistry ability - apparently its one of the best indicators.
Source my life up.
Sambo2
the reason you have to study chemistry is that someone showed a link between achievment at med school and chemistry ability - apparently its one of the best indicators.

What on earth?

This has to be ********.
ThisLittlePiggy
What on earth?

This has to be ********.

i dunno... i read that some where as well, apprantely chemistry is one of the hardest subjects in A level and so doing well in it means you have the capability to learn what is being taught in medical school - having said that i have no sources to back it up....

I would disagree with that though, medicine course is way easier than chemistry at A level; in terms of the concept we have to understand. Its all just memorizing, i can probably safely say at maximum 20% of it is understanding concepts, the rest is stuffing information and data into our tiny little brains.
So as long as you have the work ethic then i think most people will get through medical school fine, don't have to be ultra clever or have 150 IQ.
billykwok
don't have to be ultra clever or have 150 IQ.

It probably helps. I know people who can see a lecture once and then know it off by heart.Lucky sods.

I can understand what they mean if A level chemistry is the hardest subject in A level then I think you'll find nothing harder to understand within medicine. To be honest, I've never had trouble understanding things but just with the sheer volume.
ThisLittlePiggy
It probably helps. I know people who can see a lecture once and then know it off by heart.Lucky sods.

I can understand what they mean if A level chemistry is the hardest subject in A level then I think you'll find nothing harder to understand within medicine. To be honest, I've never had trouble understanding things but just with the sheer volume.

Ah but those people you describe aren't necessary clever, what you describe is an incredible memory =)

Latest

Trending

Trending