The Student Room Group

Help on how I would go about answering this question please...

Hello!

So, I've been going past exam questions for Psychology and writing up plans for each one (it's very useful for revision, so I recommend it!)

However, I've just come up to this question "Discuss research (explanations and/or studies) into understudied relationships"

I wondered how I would approach this question, and could really do with knowing, because I have a feeling understudied relationships could come up this year. Either that, or cultural differences.

Anyway - would I just talk about Homosexual relationships, or would I just talk about CMCs. Or, would I combine homosexual relationships and CMCs? I'd hope that it wouldn't be the latter, since homosexual relationships is a massive topic! I just wondered though - the mark scheme doesn't make it particularly clear about what they would expect.

If it was just the one type, would it be best to discuss homosexual relationships, since there is probably more depth in that? If so, would I go through Misconceptions, Formation, Maintenance, Dissolution, Comparisons and Evaluations? It just seems so hefty and I'm pretty sure I'd struggle to write so much in half an hour! :eek:

Thank you very much!
Reply 1
Hmmm, well thanks for the replies. It's only 2 days away the exam, so I thought someone might be helpful, but nevermind :|

I just hope that question doesn't come up.
I'd personally discuss same sex relationships AND CMC's, since I don't think there's enough on either one topic. Plus, all the command words in the question are kinda pluralistic - it doesn't say discuss just one type of understudied relationship.
Hope that helps, I'm praying understudied relationships don't come up on Tuesday, so crappy to write about!
Hi!

yes you would do 6 A01 and 6 A02 points for Homosexual relationships and the same for computer relationships (all together 24 marks) you can talk about attitudes towards sex, formation and disolution for gay and lesbian. For Computer Relationships discuss stuff like annonymity how it is easy to use etc...
Hope this helps?!
Reply 4
Thank you to you both for your answers :smile:

I will stay safe then and answer both if necessary - and write as fast as possible! My Understudied section is pretty hefty - would I select just one piece of research for formation, dissolution etc.? My CMC section could also be made to be quite hefty too!

I'd rather have them specify a type of understudied relationship if they were going to give that question at all.
I'd rather they didn't specify. I like flexible questions. My technique is - write everything i know that is somehow related to the question. I just write everything relevant as fast as I can and hope there's some marks somewhere - there usually is. No point getting fancy with different aspects of the question - just bang it all out!

Latest

Trending

Trending