The Student Room Group

Death in the family - exam tomorrow.

My grandpa died during the night last night, and I'm so worried because I have my A-Level exams all week until thursday, I don't know when his funeral will be, but it's next week sometime, and I'm so upset and worried that it's going to affect the way I perform during my exams. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks guys, and sorry for asking this.
Sorry to hear about your Grandpa. Speak to the person who deals with your exams at college.
Lyrysssa
My grandpa died during the night last night, and I'm so worried because I have my A-Level exams all week until thursday, I don't know when his funeral will be, but it's next week sometime, and I'm so upset and worried that it's going to affect the way I perform during my exams. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks guys, and sorry for asking this.

As soon as you get into school tomorrow, you need to go and find your exams officer, and tell them. You'll be given mitigating circumstances, and all the examiners who mark your papers will be told - I think it's a 5% increase in marks if you perform worse than you should.

Don't worry, everything will be fine. :hugs: Sorry about your grandpa
:console: I'm so sorry this has happened, if you need to talk feel free to PM me
The best thing for you to do is talk to your head of 6th form, possibly have one of your parents go with you and just explain the situation, I'm sure they will be able to help
Don't be sorry for asking. Get in touch with the school and they should be able to sort things out with the exam board, special consideration and things.
Reply 5
I am really sorry to hear this, may he R.I.P. *hug*

My grandad died two weeks ago, right in the middle of my AS exams.. it really didn't help. :frown: His funeral was two days ago, and because of that I haven't revised much for my exam tomorrow. :/

My mum told me that she rang my head of Sixth Form who said that she would put the neccessary info with my exam entry. You should try doing the same.

Good luck with your exams!
I kind of know how you feel, four weeks ago today my dad's aunt died in Ireland and we were really close, I was like a granddaughter to her since all my grandparents have died. On Tuesday morning I had an A Level and literally straight after I had to leave school for the airport, having a mass that evening. I came home on the Thursday and had to go to a practise for my Grade 7 flute exam that Saturday, as well as having another A Level on Friday. It was a week of hell as you're so stressed about exams and have to deal with such a loss that would depress you anyday, let alone at such a critical point in your education. I didn't tell any staff about it because I hate the thought of crying in front of people, but I'd advise you to as it's less of a burden if you know you're not so disadvantaged and people can help you e.g. special consideration, and I'm sure you know it's impossible to revise at a time like this. Good luck, I hope it all goes well for you.
Reply 7
Thanks so much guys, the thing is, I live in England and he's in Scotland since we moved here when we were young, and my mum is going to have to go to Scotland to help her mum, because she's all on her own.
And now I'm going to be by myself, and I'll have to deal with my exams, I don't blame my mum because she absolutely has to go, but she said she was going to come in with me tomorrow and speak to my head of sixth form and explain everything I will have to go through in the hopes that he can do something to help.
Original post by bunnyland
Thank you so much for posting this because I am suffering right now. I am in the middle of revising for my GCSE's and I just cant cope.
My Grandfather has died.

bruh the post was in 2009 loool but anyway im sorry to hear about your grandfather :angelwings:
Original post by TheYearNiner
bruh the post was in 2009 loool but anyway im sorry to hear about your grandfather :angelwings:

I know it was, what's your problem? Why can't I comment now? Someone like me may be going through the same thing in 2015 with A- Levels or GCSE's.
Thanks for the uncharitable support. This is very upsetting.

What made you come across this post?
I know it was, what's your problem? Why can't I comment now? Someone like me may be going through the same thing in 2015 with A- Levels or GCSE's.

Report the post, move on, they're just a troll.

yh dont cry i didnt mean to offend u i was just saying its 2015 - 2009 6 years! but as i flipping said I mean no offence so dont get mad at me i hope u do well in ur gcse
I have social exam due to the dead of my grandpa I missed it today so I need to give a letter to my principal mam so that she can agree to give the exam again and excuse
Original post by 9844866699
I have social exam due to the dead of my grandpa I missed it today so I need to give a letter to my principal mam so that she can agree to give the exam again and excuse

This is an old ass thread but sorry for your loss

Quick Reply

Latest