The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

hey im not a villa fan no, my dads a baggies fan but i dont really like footy! im from near walsall if you know it. im gona miss the shoppin in bristol cus its nowhere near as good as birmingham, cus the citys so tiny!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 41
wednesburywench
hey im not a villa fan no, my dads a baggies fan but i dont really like footy! im from near walsall if you know it. im gona miss the shoppin in bristol cus its nowhere near as good as birmingham, cus the citys so tiny!

Admittedly it's not as big as Brum, but tiny's not a word I'd use to describe Bristol.
Bristol's meant to be great for shopping, isn't it? But then, I don't live in a city.
yea i didnt mean tiny but it is small for a city, well i probly didnt see most of it! but from what i did see the shops were a bit....well absent lol. I went to broadmead n there was nothing there really. oh well its only a few quid to come home anyways :smile: hehe
wednesburywench
yea i didnt mean tiny but it is small for a city, well i probly didnt see most of it! but from what i did see the shops were a bit....well absent lol. I went to broadmead n there was nothing there really. oh well its only a few quid to come home anyways :smile: hehe

Broadmead's bigger/more spread out than you might first realise, and it has all the usual suspects (River Island, Faith, Miss Selfridge, New Look, Top Shop, Debenhams, House of Fraser, etc, all the high street stuff)... but there's also Cribbs Causeway and Park Street and Clifton Village for lots of funky shops dotted around... I love shopping in Bristol when I visit my sister despite the fact I live a stone's throw from London normally - it's awesome!
good news :biggrin:
Reply 46
wednesburywench
good news :biggrin:

I really liked the look of the main city centre to be honest, I can't wait to fully explore the whole thing! Hoping to transfer from my job (chainstore) into the one in Bristol...what's the deal with working and first year students? Do many people have to hold down a job as well? I think that I may want to work just to keep myself above board after the pricey accommodation prices! Else I'll never get to go out! But is it a strain trying to keep down a job as well as study and are there any jobs to be had for Bristol students organised by the uni- with flexible hours e.t.c I only ask because Warwick uni had its own UNITEMPS arranged for on campus or local jobs specifically aimed to ease the pressure in terms of work load. Anyone know anything about Job hunting and having a job being a Bristol student?
Reply 47
Shopping wise there is broadmead and the general city centre, clifton and the Mall at cribs causeway, these are the main areas really. The centre is quite large and you have the fantastic park street for all your uber-studenty coffee and clothes etc, then around the galleries and surrounding streets for H&M and the like.

The Mall is pretty good, however its all chain stores, H&M, Next, selfridges, john lewis and marks and spencers and so forth, also its a bit of a trek (they have buses to take you there from the centre i think) personally i dont like it because its gets v crowded and you can't escape from the place lol.

Broadmead is more varied, park street itself is often enough for me clothes wise.

Clifton i dont know much about, packed full of restaurants and bar type places mainly, but some nice (and expensive) shopping up there.
should be good then....not sure ill have money to go shopping with but still...theres always window shopping, or credit cards.

Latest

Trending

Trending