The Student Room Group
Reply 1
lazywoman
Im learning the Evolutionary approach for the PYA5 but im come to a halt, i dont know how to investigate it and what the strengths and weakness of the approach are. And how would i apply it?

any advice???

To be honest, I would say that you are better off not doing the Evolutionary approach, as it can be used for very few questions anyway, so you're probably wasting time doing it. In all of the past exam papers I have seen, the evolutionary approach could only really be used for one question. It's honestly not worth it.

Have you researched the Psychodynamic, Behavioural and Biological Theories. I'd say having a good knowledge of these 3 would be more beneficial to you in the exam, as you can apply them to most questions.
Reply 2
Untitled1
To be honest, I would say that you are better off not doing the Evolutionary approach, as it can be used for very few questions anyway, so you're probably wasting time doing it. In all of the past exam papers I have seen, the evolutionary approach could only really be used for one question. It's honestly not worth it.

Have you researched the Psychodynamic, Behavioural and Biological Theories. I'd say having a good knowledge of these 3 would be more beneficial to you in the exam, as you can apply them to most questions.

oh boy the biological approach is soo hard. ive tired it. im really struggling to apply that. but what another approach will you recommend???
cognitive?
Reply 3
lazywoman
oh boy the biological approach is soo hard. ive tired it. im really struggling to apply that. but what another approach will you recommend???
cognitive?

I personally find Cognitive approach quite difficult to understand too.

I have to say, I always use Behavioural and Psychodynamic approach, because I do find that they can always be applied.
Reply 4
Untitled1
I personally find Cognitive approach quite difficult to understand too.

I have to say, I always use Behavioural and Psychodynamic approach, because I do find that they can always be applied.

yeah your right!! what is your third approach?
Reply 5
I have Biological as my third to be honest, but as I say, I don't really use it.

I've uploaded my revision notes for approaches. They are quite complex, so you might want to sift through them, but there's information on the four main approaches - perhaps you can see what you like best?

Also, I find it helps to get a bit of a template in your mind too, that you can generalise to all questions and then just fill in the blanks with information from the paper :smile:

Oh, and the revision notes are a bit mixed up, but there are titles so it should be clear enough :smile:

If you have any problems, do let me know ^^
Reply 6
Untitled1
I have Biological as my third to be honest, but as I say, I don't really use it.

I'll upload my Approaches Revision Notes if you would like me too? They are quite complex, so you might want to sift through them, but there's information on the four main approaches - perhaps you can see what you like best?

yes please; ive just been soo busy with pya4 and ive abandoned pya5 :biggrin:
im so ever grateful
Reply 7
I've uploaded them for you now (I've edited the post as you can see ^^) I hope they help you!

Latest

Trending

Trending