The Student Room Group
most of them do, but you'll need 3A's at least
Reply 2
Not true - most have a blanket statement saying that they don't consider, BUT if you can get in to a dialogue with admissions asking for advice etc, you might find someone willing to go that extra mile and make an exception.

WHy 3 years? Grades or subjects?
Reply 3
Erm basically thinking i will be ABBB which obviously isn't good enough, and I really don't want to do another degree at uni, so yeah I'm a bit stuck :smile:
Reply 4
Brighton Sussex.
daisytkd
Erm basically thinking i will be ABBB which obviously isn't good enough, and I really don't want to do another degree at uni, so yeah I'm a bit stuck :smile:

Take it you're AS?

Retakes. If you're predicted high enough next year that'll be the main thing.
Hi, two of my friends did this, this year. One got into Imperial and the other Birmingham. But I think the Imperial one wrote to Imperial first.
Fluffy
Not true - most have a blanket statement saying that they don't consider, BUT if you can get in to a dialogue with admissions asking for advice etc, you might find someone willing to go that extra mile and make an exception.

WHy 3 years? Grades or subjects?

o yes, sorry, you are right. Yea OP, most schools won't consider resist, but some will, and will need you to get 3A's. Have a look through their UCAS profiles, it'll tell you.
Reply 8
My money sez the OP has no extenuating circs that'd stand up to 5 minutes questioning.
Reply 9
Renal
My money sez the OP has no extenuating circs that'd stand up to 5 minutes questioning.

That's what I said. If you re-read my post I stated that i did not have any extenuating circumstances. That's why I was asking for help.
Reply 10
Have you considered an entry to medicine course? Nottingham have one associated with them- you do a year of life sciences or something and if you get over 60% on all your exams during that year then you are guaranteed a place at their medical school :biggrin:
Reply 11
You'll have ABBB at AS? Yes that will put you at a slight disadvantage.... but it wont stop you getting in if you have a good PS and choose your choices carefully! There is a lot of information lurking around these forums pointing out what particular unis look for. If you do your research and apply to places that take an interest in your strengths, and avoid places that looks more closely at your weaknesses, then you can give yourself as good a chance as anybody.

Make sure your teachers give you the predicted grades you need, and do some retakes in January to boost yourself up a bit. It's certainly not over yet!

Latest

Trending

Trending