The Student Room Group
Reply 1
i got an interview very quick with winchester school of art, and they said i'd got a place at the end of the interview, on the day! decided to go to loughborough in the end, but i'd say its got a better rep than rochester, and its affiliated with southampton uni, which sounds better than bath spa...
How come you're not looking into UAL? For fashion, I don't think anything compares to CSM and LCF. Then again, these courses are likely to be full by now...but you could call and ask just in case.
Reply 3
I think it's because they've been having financial difficulties over the past few years; lowering their entrance requirements and such. I'm not completely sure about Fashion, but the strongest course they have is Textiles.

I'd recommend making a careful, well thought out decision; go to an open day, talk to students there. You might want to consider other unis as well.

Here's some info:

http://www.wessexscene.co.uk/news/2238

All the best.
Reply 4
Damn i'm going to Winchester in SDeptember, worried now that i might have made the wrong decision but i guess it's too late.
Reply 5
SteelApathy
Damn i'm going to Winchester in SDeptember, worried now that i might have made the wrong decision but i guess it's too late.

Nah, it shouldn't be all that bad; Textiles is their strongest course (I assume that that's what you're going to be doing), so hopefully things should work out. *nods* Just be prepared to make an extra effort.

I wish you the very best.

Latest