The Student Room Group
Reply 1
WTF is Mooting?
Reply 2
how much of that is based on a value added score may i ask :p:
Reply 3
What on earth is mooting...?

APU is good for some courses - it's top 10 for Art. But coming 6th isn't the same as coming 2nd or first, as in Cambridge's case. And coming 6th for "new" unis - as in places like Aston and Trent and Brookes? That doesn't really count, in my opinion.

Look, you love APU and that's all that matters. It's the right uni for you, and the courses there are rated excellent, or the ones I've seen were anyway - so it's great that you're there :smile: I'm not going to Cambridge and I've realised I won't be happy there anyway - Nottingham's the right uni for me :smile: and I don't say this out of resentment of being rejected cus I still love Cambridge.

Anyway, what brought all this on? And your anger really only reflects that Cambridge IS better cus there'd be no need for this outburst if it wasn't cus there'd have been nothing to prove.

No offense but I'd hate to end up in APU. And I'd end up wondering why I'm here and not Cambridge - the two unis I'm in love with is still Cambridge and Nottingham - that's not gonna change - they're the BEST! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Also APU would obviously be higher than Cambridge on the table of new unis as Cambridge, uh, isn't new
Reply 5
im trying to annoy people cos i want more red gems than yellowtaxi
Reply 6
magiccarpet
im trying to annoy people cos i want more red gems than yellowtaxi

it aint working. Cambridge students are above such petty accusations
Reply 7
Ahh I see :biggrin:

So tempted to give green rep now
Reply 8
shyopstv
Ahh I see

So tempted to give green rep now

:eek: NO....DONT DO IT...NO ....PLEASE....
Reply 9
shyopstv
Also APU would obviously be higher than Cambridge on the table of new unis as Cambridge, uh, isn't new

Hehehehe :biggrin:

Tbh I'd hate to be mistaken as a Cambridge student if I were an APU student - it just sorta sounds like you're less smart - just how the reputation goes. Not really to do with the quality of the students. But then again, most students holding A's wouldn't really go for APU anyway.

Ok seriously hoping I'm not offending any APU students here... it's only the truth.
Reply 10
Willa
it aint working. Cambridge students are above such petty accusations

So what do you call all the rivalry and debates on whether Oxford or Cambridge was better? :p:
Reply 11
what do you mean!! APU is the best!! i dono why APU isnt on the TSR list of uni's subforums
Reply 12
magiccarpet
what do you mean!! APU is the best!! i dono why APU isnt on the TSR list of uni's subforums

Possibly because not many people go there?

Or maybe APU students are generally more hardworking so they don't come online so there's no need for an APU subforum?

APU is the best for you - and that's great :smile: No point of you ending up somewhere with more reputation but it's a place you hate. But nope APU is defo not the place for me, personally!
Reply 13
irisng
So what do you call all the rivalry and debates on whether Oxford or Cambridge was better? :p:

I call them "serious accusations"
Reply 14
Willa
I call them "serious accusations"

and anyway didn't the Grauniad tables resolve beyond any doubt this year that Oxbridge is better than Camford? :wink:
Reply 15
I think you should know by now that nobody believes anything the grauniad tables say cos they're so messed up everyone seems convinced they're being biased! Far more people look at the Meist tables cos they seem to be far more accurate in general!
Reply 16
Willa
I think you should know by now that nobody believes anything the grauniad tables say cos they're so messed up everyone seems convinced they're being biased! Far more people look at the Meist tables cos they seem to be far more accurate in general!

Oh I agree it was purely in jest and hence the typos

Mainly tables are rot and not just the Grauniad's
Reply 17
Though the Grauniad did write a laudatory article on the Oxbridge Regional Conferences so maybe they're not all bad
Reply 18
magiccarpet

Because there aren't enough APU people for it to be worthwhile.
Reply 19
I like APU because it's where I get cannabis!

Latest

Trending

Trending