The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

if i was to start a popping & locking dance society...

Poll

would you join this society?

would this attract you to join the society?

2 hour session once a week at a fully equipped dance studio, where you are taught, given tips or can simply practice. the venue is a 5-10 minute bus journy from most the university campus's.

we will be looking into gigs, competitions and other events

it would be £25 to register and cover the costs of hiring the studio, there will be no additional costs throughout the year. we can't allow members to pay per session as we need to book the time slot for the whole year in one lumpsome to avoid competition for the timeslot and also having to pay different amounts each time due to there being too little/many people attending.

not sure if there's anything i should add to that, feedback would be much appreciated. thanks

EDIT: All members would also be entered for a prize draw for £40 (or £40 vouchers)
Reply 1
Do it on a Wednesday afternoon - no uni those times
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
yeah i was thinking that but then again we were worried people would be working so thought maybe later on like 8 ish would be better, still needs thinking i guess, hopefully we could get money from the YOF so we can have it booked every day of the week. thanks for the feedback!
Reply 3
oh wow, i would but i dont think i would be able to dance like that. :frown:
i think anyone can dance, it's whether they're comfortable doing it, if you're not scared of looking stupid at first then you'll get good eventually, have confidence! :smile:
Reply 5
i can dance jus not pop lock and all that jazz lol
ahh right, guess you could always practice what you do and share ideas if you wanted to join, we're planning to make a circle during the session and have dance offs when everyone gets good haha, get them working on their style.
Reply 7
LOOOL ooo right yeah ill probably pass... it probably wouldve been better to actually teach people?
yeah that's the plan, but since we have 2 hours we thought it might be fun to have the last 20 minutes or so to play around :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending