The Student Room Group

Help- Arabic speakers- (i think its arabic) could you tell me what this means?

العلم نور والجهل مهند والدرا سة سنوات الضيا ع والو ظيفة الحلم الضا ئع وهكذا تمضي الا يا م (the username of the person writing to me)
مرحب
هاي

ممكن نتعرف
عليكم السلام
ممكن نتعرف
mmkn ntaraf
men mae

what does this mean guys? This person got my email address from Israeli soldiers who went through my boyfriends things when he was coming home from Palestine...or is it just spam?
Reply 1
bump...

really want to know what this means
I can read it but cant understand it
lol
clad in armour
lol

lol same here...

sorry i can't help =(
clad in armour
lol

Saaaame.
Pretty useless being able to read it but not understand it. :mad:
Reply 5
clad in armour
lol

same lol. Ima get my dad to translate it if i can tho =]
saoirse
العلم نور والجهل مهند والدرا سة سنوات الضيا ع والو ظيفة الحلم الضا ئع وهكذا تمضي الا يا م (the username of the person writing to me)
مرحب
هاي

ممكن نتعرف
عليكم السلام
ممكن نتعرف
mmkn ntaraf
men mae

what does this mean guys? This person got my email address from Israeli soldiers who went through my boyfriends things when he was coming home from Palestine...or is it just spam?

Momken ntaraf means "can I get to know you?"
Men mae means "who is this with me?"

The rest (the username) is just waffle regarding a Turkish soap which was translated into Arabic called - "Sanawat al Thiya".
عليكم السلام

Means 'Peace be unto you'. :p:
Reply 8
its like a silly lil thing wher hes mentioning all those arabic dubbed turkish programmes that are all over arabic tv these days

eg, it starts saying 'knowledge is Noor, blabla is Mohaned, blabla is Sanawat al Thia..' etc
Reply 9
Science and ignorance Nour Mohanad Aldra and devoted years Alzia GS USA Ia Aldha dream job and so you go
Welcome
Hi

The mid portion is:
Possible to be introduced
Peace be upon you
ye it is pretty useless, but if you want to learn its better than starting from scratch obv.
DrDé
Science and ignorance Nour Mohanad Aldra and devoted years Alzia GS USA Ia Aldha dream job and so you go
Welcome
Hi

The mid portion is:
Peace be upon you

lol google translator
I don't know what the username means, but I can understand the actual message itself.

"مرحب
هاي

ممكن نتعرف
عليكم السلام
"ممكن نتعرف

What the person is basically asking is if you two can "get to know each other." A more direct translation is something along the lines of:

Hello,
"هاي" either means "let's" or is just the person trying to get the sound of "hi" in Arabic letters.

Will you get to know me?
Bye.
and then "will you get to know me?" again.

Hmm... I've either totally messed up that translation or that's one strange message.
Reply 13
lol what's all this rubbish about,

the person's username is like a lil pun on those arabic dubbed turkish programmes, and what they said was 'can we get to know eachother?'
Above translations are mostly correct. It's probably just spam.
Reply 15
Wonders that google translator can do..like translate things you don't know to English.
Timba
its like a silly lil thing wher hes mentioning all those arabic dubbed turkish programmes that are all over arabic tv these days

eg, it starts saying 'knowledge is Noor, blabla is Mohaned, blabla is Sanawat al Thia..' etc

That soap! When I went to Algeria in the summer, everyone was watching it (even my cousin, and she's four), but I hated it. Maybe because I couldn't understand it, but whatever. Mohaned IS NOT good looking. I still don't understand why people think he is. ¬_¬

Latest

Trending

Trending